The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 563

AlpineZone

Page 563 of 629 FirstFirst ... 63463513553561562563564565573613 ... LastLast
Results 5,621 to 5,630 of 6285
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyr View Post
    We are not pass holders (maybe next year) but our family skied Sugarbush 7 days this year and had a great time every day we skied there. Thanks for making the mountain such a great place to be along your contributions here on this forum Win, see you next year!

Tony
    Tony,

I feel the same way. Sugarbush is 5.5 hours from my house and I regularly make the drive. My friends from home (NJ) don't understand why I'm not satisfied with Mount Snow or Stratton (both fun). But there's something special about SB and MRG that make me want to spend as much time there as possible.

Are both Heaven's Gate and Super Bravo done for the season?? I understand Super B has some maintenance issues yet the coverage on Heaven's Gate seemed good enough to keep it rolling and can get there via reverse traverse.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpcrasher View Post
    Are both Heaven's Gate and Super Bravo done for the season?? I understand Super B has some maintenance issues yet the coverage on Heaven's Gate seemed good enough to keep it rolling and can get there via reverse traverse.
    While Reverse Traverse is still open, HG Traverse was listed closed yesterday on the report so I suspect that trail and therefore access to HG is now the main problem even if there's still plenty of snow on the HG trails themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    While Reverse Traverse is still open, HG Traverse was listed closed yesterday on the report so I suspect that trail and therefore access to HG is now the main problem even if there's still plenty of snow on the HG trails themselves.
    Yep...HG Traverse is done. Rode the HG chair yesterday and patroller said it was the last day for the season. The HG Traverse was very bare looking uphill and it was closed on the Lower OG entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    Yep...HG Traverse is done. Rode the HG chair yesterday and patroller said it was the last day for the season. The HG Traverse was very bare looking uphill and it was closed on the Lower OG entrance.
    Well, not having Heaven's Gate for the next two weekends is kind of a buzzkill. Organgrinder and Ripcord were likely deep enough to make it through this weekend at least. Thanks for the information!!

What does heaven gate traverse have to do with it? Is Bravo done for the year? If not they need Downspout - upper jester or Lower Downspout-lower jester.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    What does heaven gate traverse have to do with it? Is Bravo done for the year? If not they need Downspout - upper jester or Lower Downspout-lower jester.
    Bravo is in scheduled maintenance mode. Valley House is the only option.

Well, not having Heaven's Gate for the next two weekends is kind of a buzzkill. Organgrinder and Ripcord were likely deep enough to make it through this weekend at least. Thanks for the information!!
    Organgrider was in good shape....bunch of "crevasse" like breaks in the snow. Ripcord was thin entering at the top and there were a few breaks happening down lower and the final stretch to the lift was closed.

Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    Bravo is in scheduled maintenance mode. Valley House is the only option.
    Yea...they said a week or so ago that after Easter weekend they were starting "off-season" maintenance on Bravo so it is ready for the summer. That's the major downside of that lift being used all year. We sometimes lose it for the end of ski season (which really only matters if HG still would be skiable, otherwise just VH is fine).

yes, no upper mtn = bummer

Thread Information