• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

benski

So they reduced electricity usage by more than 40% since 2012. I did a search on Skimrv.com and the first mention of low energy guns was November 2006 so I shudder to think how much energy they needed back in 2005 before they improved the guns.

urungus

Helps people realize how much it costs to put the white stuff down.

Yes, was surprised that lift operations and snowmaking used 7 x the electricity of the resort itself (lodges, Clay Brook, etc.) ... 7 million kilowatt hours annually vs 1 million

ThinkSnow

With all the chatter in other forums regarding Vail purchasing Peak resorts, I just wanted to thank Win for everything he's done for Sugarbush. Please don't ever give in to selling to one of the giant ski conglomerates-- Sugarbush is just fine as-is.

slatham

With all the chatter in other forums regarding Vail purchasing Peak resorts, I just wanted to thank Win for everything he's done for Sugarbush. Please don't ever give in to selling to one of the giant ski conglomerates-- Sugarbush is just fine as-is.

I second the motion!

rtjcbrown

Agreed. Thanks Win!

This makes a strong co-marketing alliance with MRG even more important.

tumbler

Just saw on Lift Blog that the GMVS platter lift is proposed to be replaced with a longer version- from the exit of Walt's and Semi-tough to the top of the Inverness lift. Does that mean more trail closures for that area? I really like skiing over there.

Newpylong

It will be a T-Bar, and it just means the quad won't have to run midweek. You can still slog across Northway if you want to ski Semi Tough or the woods. That's all that would be open if they're training anyway.

drjeff

I think that some of this also has to do with Sugarbush and GMVS working on Brambles to get it homologated last season all the way from just below the top of the Inverness Quad down to maybe 100 yards or so past where Brambles feeds back into Inverness

WinS

No. GMVS is replacing their Poma, and it will come down further but will not change trail openings or closings.

slatham

No. GMVS is replacing their Poma, and it will come down further but will not change trail openings or closings.

Win I noticed that the new T-bar will cross both the entrance and exit of Semi-Tough. How will skiers access and exit Semi-Tough when the T-bar is running? There was no mention of trail work in the Act 250 filing - is there enough room skiers right of T-bar to get into and out of Semi-Tough? Thanks.

tumbler

Win I noticed that the new T-bar will cross both the entrance and exit of Semi-Tough. How will skiers access and exit Semi-Tough when the T-bar is running? There was no mention of trail work in the Act 250 filing - is there enough room skiers right of T-bar to get into and out of Semi-Tough? Thanks.

see above