• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Lostone

I don't think so...

I was looking up at the peak today. (South) There was more snow up there than yesterday. That means the peak is staying cold.

I was wondering if they would be trying to get things going over at North.

They're still hoping for opening weekend after next.

No matter what... Not long now. :beer:

Strat

Website
www.geocities.com
Not to be a pessimist but weekend after next doesn't look likely... temps in the 50's next week... yeah, it's colder up there, but 50's in the valley is still 40's up top... we can only wait and hope...

We need a "fingers crossed" emoticon...

Lostone

I'm not saying it is happening, but that is still the plan.

As far as the forecasts go, they said it rained every day last week. But we had a little rain on two days.

You want me to believe them when they say they know what is up next week? Let them get tomorrow right. Then let them do that for 3 days in a row and we can talk about a two day forecast. :roll: :lol:

Is the glass half empty? :-?

Is the glass half full? :-?

There is certainly too much glass. :wink:

djspookman

This morning the guns are still going!:

From German Flats Rd by the Sugar Run Condos at 6:40am:
11-9-05-Sugarbush-GunsonfromSugarRu.jpg

From halfway up Number Nine Hill rd at 6:50am:
11-9-05-Sugarbush-GunsonfromNoNineH.jpg

dave

noski

Thursday night treat

You might have something even bigger to photograph on Friday morning, Spook. Possible 6+ of snow overnight Thursday. But yes, warming up toward 50 Sunday. Those days will be less and less, so take heart!

djspookman

Re: Thursday night treat

noski said:
You might have something even bigger to photograph on Friday morning, Spook. Possible 6+ of snow overnight Thursday. But yes, warming up toward 50 Sunday. Those days will be less and less, so take heart!

yippee!.. in that case, I won't be taking any pics from Number Nine Hill Rd, since it probably won't be plowed that early in the morning (its a STEEP road), but I'll have some from the Mt Ellen base instead:)

dave

noski

djspookman said:
noski said:

yippee!.. in that case, I won't be taking any pics from Number Nine Hill Rd, since it probably won't be plowed that early in the morning (its a STEEP road), but I'll have some from the Mt Ellen base instead:)

dave
Instead of #9, I would think a picture from Bragg Hill Road would be better anyway- at the top on the flats. You are looking straight onto Mt. Ellen with morning sun shining on it from there. Plus it's a schoolbus route therefore maintained well! (Fayston's own highway!)

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com

noski said:
djspookman said:
noski said:

dave
Instead of #9, I would think a picture from Bragg Hill Road would be better anyway- at the top on the flats. You are looking straight onto Mt. Ellen with morning sun shining on it from there. Plus it's a schoolbus route therefore maintained well! (Fayston's own highway!)

#9 is not a problem if you hit it right. When driving up Rt 17 about 1/4 mile before you speed up to about 60mph and your momentum carries you up that first steep section of #9. :D

djspookman

ski_resort_observer said:
#9 is not a problem if you hit it right. When driving up Rt 17 about 1/4 mile before you speed up to about 60mph and your momentum carries you up that first steep section of #9. :D

I can see that working!:) Thanks for the suggestion. I'm coming from German Flats though so to do that its a bit backwards, but then again, so isn't going up #9 when i'm headed to burlington:) hehe.. oh well!

dave

Treeskier

It's a double edge sward

Hat's off to the MT for blowing snow as soon as it's been cold enough in Nov. :p I can only hope now that Mother Nature is calm enough for it to stay.

With all of the construction I give them a pass for not running a lift last storm :blink: .

Thanks MT Lady and other for keeping us in the news.

MOTHER NATURE....PLEASE JUST STAY COLD AND SNOW!

Ski Yah!