• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

urungus

Wow you really straightlined run #6, LOL. I’ve noticed Ski Tracks had the same problem at the Peak to Peak gondola at Whistler.

Smellytele

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Skied Mt Ellen today. It skied well. Place was dead then the lift at the top went down around 10:30 and lines built at North ridge and gmx. Took a break. Then waited in fairly long lines at gmx and north ridge. Went into exterminator woods and when I came out north ridge was ski on as the upper chair had started back up. Skied to 345 , dropped my son back off at Norwich university and drove back home. Good day

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Last edited:

Slidebrook87

Wow you really straightlined run #6, LOL. I’ve noticed Ski Tracks had the same problem at the Peak to Peak gondola at Whistler.

I would use slopes if they didn’t charge so much for a subscription. Another issue I’ve noticed is that you can’t leave it on when you’re walking down stairs in a lodge. Then it will calculate your slope as over 40 degrees!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawk

I used to track my data with my garmin years ago. I just grew out of that whole data capture thing. I found it to be a big wast of time. I do not have a lot of that these days. I do get the photography thing though and tend to take a few beautiful pics from time to time. To each his own.

WinS

Skied Mt Ellen today. It skied well. Place was dead then the lift at the top went down around 10:30 and lines built at North ridge and gmx. Took a break. Then waited in fairly long lines at gmx and north ridge. Went into exterminator woods and when I came out north ridge was ski on as the upper chair had started back up. Skied to 345 , dropped my son back off at Norwich university and drove back home. Good day

A washer fell off the e-brake. Simple part but the brake had to be taken apart to replace it, so it took about an hour or so.

Smellytele

A washer fell off the e-brake. Simple part but the brake had to be taken apart to replace it, so it took about an hour or so.

Ah thanks for the update. Had a great time skiing with my middle son. Plenty to keeps us busy at Ellen for the day.

Plan to hit Lincoln one day and Ellen on Thursday during my youngest son’s vaca next week.

Smellytele

I know this has been discussed some where at some point on here but...
Can you ski to and from the The historic Sugarbush village? I was thinking about having lunch over there one day and was wondering when skiing, how you got there and back? Thanks

slatham

I know this has been discussed some where at some point on here but...
Can you ski to and from the The historic Sugarbush village? I was thinking about having lunch over there one day and was wondering when skiing, how you got there and back? Thanks

Approximately named “Out to Lunch” trail skiers left of Village Quad. Then on way back ski/traverse past the new condos down to said Quad.

Hawk

You can ski down to Henri's or Rev / Mother Stuffers via out to lunch. Due to the new config of the Rice brook and Gadd Brook buildings, you have to either walk up to out to lunch or walk between the buildings over to where you can ski.

Hawk

Is that confirmed? I heard that Henri is back and they were going to open for lunch this week and on the weekends. Did that change?

WinS

I called on Friday for a guest and that's what Bertrand told me.

Like so many, they have had difficulty getting enough staff. This is a shame, because that was a very special place to have lunch after a morning of skiing.

Slidebrook87

Just curious, why are Summit and Slide Brook run so slow? Inverness runs much faster than Summit even though they were both built the same year and have the same components. Slide Brook isn’t really slow, but considering it could go 1,100, I’m surprised it doesn’t run at at least 950. It seems to run at about 900. It’s a 13 minute ride at 900 and 10 minutes at 1,100. 13 minutes isn’t too bad, but just curious to hear the reasoning behind this.

Hawk

Like so many, they have had difficulty getting enough staff. This is a shame, because that was a very special place to have lunch after a morning of skiing.

Well if Bernard can not open then they must be short. Sorry to hear that.
I agree totally. What they have there is something very special, straight out of Europe and is lost at most places in the US. I was in Zermatt this past week and did a sit down lunch pretty much every day. It is what they do. One of the days we stopped at Chez Verony and it was run by an older man not unlike Henri. I laughed when he wanted my phone to take pictures. Zermatt is a magical place that every skier should experience at least once.
IMG_6256.jpg

Last edited:

rocks860

I agree totally. What they have there is something very special, straight out of Europe and is lost at most places in the US. I was in Zermatt this past week and did a sit down lunch pretty much every day. It is what they do. One of the days we stopped at Chez Verony and it was run by an older man not unlike Henri. I laughed when he wanted my phone to take pictures. Zermatt is a magical place that every skier should experience at least once.
View attachment 26320

I skied zermatt for a week on spring break when I was studying abroad in Paris in 2002/2003 and it was amazing. I would love to get back there

CastlerockMRV

View attachment 26320

We are headed to Zermatt next Thursday and will be there for a week. Doing sit down lunches at Chez Vrony and Zum See as well as a few dinners in town and plans to hit the big Apres spots like Hennu Stall, Papperla Pub, etc.

Any advice on good terrain? I've heard good things about the Stokhorn area and have a few other notes in a Google doc but Zermatt is so massive and the Euro's seem to be extra groomer-centric.

Slidebrook87

I skied Zermatt in 2016, but at that time I wasn’t a great skier. The lunches are awesome, but they definitely eat into your ski day.