The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 578

AlpineZone

Page 578 of 636 FirstFirst ... 78478528568576577578579580588628 ... LastLast
Results 5,771 to 5,780 of 6355
    Tons of new terrain try the backside for fresh lines no waiting for bus. Just leave a car over there go get it or ski bumps in slide I would like to do tacos at the bus stop and maybe lattes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    if its not groomed. im doomed!!!!:

The back side is no joke if you do not know where you are going and do not have the right back county gear. There are cliffs, gullys, large thickets of dense trees and in some places as much as a mile of flat terrain before you hit a road. Do not send people out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    The back side is no joke if you do not know where you are going and do not have the right back county gear. There are cliffs, gullys, large thickets of dense trees and in some places as much as a mile of flat terrain before you hit a road. Do not send people out there.
    Hawk is correct - been there a few times, got lost a couple - Jerusalem is not a straight-forward , easy-to-navigate route.

Best kept to experienced folks and those who aren't - find someone who knows to take/guide you.

As the ol K-Mart signs used to say ' these mountains are as cold and lonely as they were 200 years ago - do not ski alone.'

Sounds killer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    if its not groomed. im doomed!!!!:

Haven't heard a peep from the Sugarbush folks about the bees' nests this year; are they building them low on the towers, high on the towers, or are they building them up in Stowe, where they can get a higher rate-of-return when they rent them out over the winter?

The fear is that if the marketing staff doesn't mention the nests, they aren't high [the nests aren't high, that is - no idea about the marketing staff)

I don't know about bee's nests but if apples are any indication of how severe the winter will be then we are in business. Lots of apple up in the valley.

One thing that was troubling to me is the rumors I have been hearing. I'm not sure if anybody else heard them and I am not going to say anything here and now because at this point it is just a rumor. But if they are true then there is going to be some unhappy people.

I don't know about bee's nests but if apples are any indication of how severe the winter will be then we are in business. Lots of apple up in the valley.

One thing that was troubling to me is the rumors I have been hearing. I'm not sure if anybody else heard them and I am not going to say anything here and now because at this point it is just a rumor. But if they are true then there is going to be some unhappy people.

This is the internet, start the speculation!!

Epic!?!?
    2019-2020

Ski Visits in PA 3
    Ski Visits in VT
    Ski Visits in CO

Total Ski Visits 3

Ski Roundtop
    11/16, 11/17, 11/23

Fan guns and a high-speed six on Castlerock. You heard it here first folks.
    2019-2020 2 days and counting...
    Killington: 11/15 Mount Snow: 11/27
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

I love it,... spreading rumors about possible rumors.

Thread Information