The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 647

AlpineZone

Page 647 of 811 FirstFirst ... 147547597637645646647648649657697747 ... LastLast
Results 6,461 to 6,470 of 8108

Quote Originally Posted by Slidebrook87 View Post
    Wouldn’t this have caused issues on days with racing on Brambles? Seems pretty cool other than that though.
    Was designed before GMVS was there.

The two middle pins I dropped are way out, staying high and hard left from Extermintaor Woods, one might be at Hole in the Wall from the LT. I used this Topo Maps app often about 8-10 years ago and haven't really opened it since. The black dot is the Glen Ellen house lodge and not advisable to drop in from there as it is a hard, dense, bushwhacking slog below. The top pin was my attempt to find the old ski lift trail, but again too dense and pulling your way through thick undergrowth. If I recall, the lowest pins were marking a line between the Mother and BD back to Rim Run, or maybe the entry to which. Lines do change yearly with knockdowns and it seems different each year. As far as I know, the land is not GMNF and could be thinned. The LT is there now and runs all the way to and past MRG, so why make it official? Just be subtle (less is more re cutting, ..like a folding hand saw only) and be respectful to the forest, environment, and land owners if you do. I, personally, have never cut but have seen trimmed lines.

Be nice if Google/Apple Maps offered a "winter view" showing snow cover so you could find what was brush and what was more open.

Just finished going through my photos from the past couple weeks...here are a few of my favorites.

Last Saturday morning (12/21) around 8:30 on Jester:
    DSC_0655.jpg
    DSC_0671.jpg

Exterminator on opening day at ME:
    DSC_0622.jpg
    DSC_0634.jpg

Might be there this week..hoping for..something.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

When GMVS builds the t-bar, can sugarbush get the old poma, put it above inverness and just thin the trees for some more natural woods? Would be super cheap and fit with the sugarbush sidecountry vibe. Win?

Quote Originally Posted by teleo View Post
    When GMVS builds the t-bar, can sugarbush get the old poma, put it above inverness and just thin the trees for some more natural woods? Would be super cheap and fit with the sugarbush sidecountry vibe. Win?
    Id love to see something similar to that, but the old Poma is in very rough shape. It derived multiple times last year. Its already been relocated, and I think its just too far past the end of its service life. GMVS May remove the current T-Bar as it will become redundant. I could see that being used as the side country lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if the club/school decided to sell, you're not going to see a 1400/300' back country lift.

The "Sugarbush Thread"

1 southern exposure terrain not ideal
    2 to close to mrg
    3 in the way of gmvs
    4 north is only open 90 days
    5 money spent elsewhere like the lodge would be better
    Reality is slide brook would-be where expansion should happen but we know why it wont happen they gave the top of Lincoln peak and. Slide brook for slidebrook express lift also the best skiing on that exposure is there already brambles woods up above. Is Fine for exploration with your buddys

Last edited by STREETSKIER; Dec 27, 2019 at 4:04 AM.
    if its not groomed. im doomed!!!!:

Quote Originally Posted by STREETSKIER View Post
    1 southern exposure terrain not ideal
    2 to close to mrg
    3 in the way of gmvs
    4 north is only open 90 days
    5 money spent elsewhere like the lodge would be better
    Reality is slide brook would-be where expansion should happen but we know why it won’t happen they gave the top of Lincoln peak and. Slide brook for slidebrook express lift also the best skiing on that exposure is there already brambles woods up above. Is Fine for exploration with your buddy’s

Plus, adding yet another "used" lift to the equation - when they are already ordering parts from where, Wakanda?, to keep their primary base lifts such as GMX running - seems like a very questionable business move.

While it is a credit to the outgoing management that they did make investments in Sugarbush over the years (e.g. the Valley House Quad), it does seem as though an infusion of capital is necessary in order to bring the existing infrastructure (including GMX, NRX and Heaven's Gate lifts) fully back up to the level of "sustainable and reliable".

After that is done would likely be the more appropriate and responsible time to start investing in any possible expansion alternatives....

P.S. Those are beautiful photos above, cdskier - nicely done! If you are not already a professional photographer, you may have discovered a second career....

Thread Information