The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 849

AlpineZone

Page 849 of 858 FirstFirst ... 349749799839847848849850851 ... LastLast
Results 8,481 to 8,490 of 8578
    Sorry just saw the following post.

This is just in:

Gov. Scott rolled back restrictions on the hospitality industry today. Bars/restaurants are allowed indoor service w restrictions. Hotel/lodges are allowed to operate @ full capacity. The updated travel map def has some more green on it compared to last week .

Any Blazer parents on this string who are trying to figure out alternatives to kids program being cancelled? From what I understand the mountain is looking at semi private alternatives.

We have a 10 yr old hoping to ski with some semblance of his group this winter.

From what I hear from the inside, the Ski and Ride School is looking at forming "recurring semi-private" group lessons. The school won't form groups, but if a pre-formed group (i.e. a Blazers group) approaches the school they'll set it up. Odds are you can request and get your coach from last year. Things still feel a little "dynamic" but they seem rather confident that some sort of Blazer-like program will form that passes all the Governor's COVID requirements

Quote Originally Posted by Boxtop Willie View Post
    From what I hear from the inside, the Ski and Ride School is looking at forming "recurring semi-private" group lessons. The school won't form groups, but if a pre-formed group (i.e. a Blazers group) approaches the school they'll set it up. Odds are you can request and get your coach from last year. Things still feel a little "dynamic" but they seem rather confident that some sort of Blazer-like program will form that passes all the Governor's COVID requirements
    Thanks, this sounds encouraging!

Quote Originally Posted by Boxtop Willie View Post
    Given how conservative the state of VT has been, I am very surprised to hear that the MTN will be offering a "work-around" so they can essentially run blazers.

I think the less these type of things are discussed on a forum, the better it will be to actually get them done.

This...

Sent from my SM-G973U using AlpineZone mobile app
    2019-2020

Ski Visits in PA 38
    Ski Visits in VT 6
    Ski Visits in CO 4

Total Ski Visits 48

yeah, you guys are already famous on TGR

Quote Originally Posted by NY DirtBag View Post
    yeah, you guys are already famous on TGR
    The xenophobia in that thread on TGR is crazy (and is exactly why I still don't have much desire to go visit my condo up in VT).

f the 'rona. I just ordered a new touring setup just in case things go south with the chairlifts.

Thread Information