• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

caribchakita

Website
www.bonairecaribbean.com
the average trail condition is rattle hard cord.....windy and cold..Super Bravo down..booo

Pluses: amazing staff, friendly folks on the mountain, empty trails, gorgeous views....love it..wish there was some powder...a few spots but not enough to speak of...

Last edited:

nhskier1969

the average trail condition is rattle hard cord.....windy and cold..Super Bravo down..booo

Pluses: amazing staff, friendly folks on the mountain, empty trails, gorgeous views....love it..wish there was some powder...a few spots but not enough to speak of...

You are skiing in the wrong areas. North Lynx skied good, castlerock trails were soft. Rip cord was in great shape and the trees around Paradise were untouched.

Julius

At South today. Right side of Steins ginormous whales was consistent pow, point em and bust through. Chalky carvable atop higher wind blown whales, really fun very surprised. Reverse t-verse to any reachable woods (with Bravo dwn) was well worth it few times, untouched. Upper Twist~Moonshine plenty of soft stuff to hit. I'd say tomorr anything upper mtn as not lot traffic up there with Bravo down most day.

Last edited:

rocks860

Guess I’m glad I skied mount Ellen today. Barely anyone on the mountain and all the groomers were skiing really nice. Hammerhead was a bit of an icy shit show but lower fis was pretty good. Semi tough and semi tough woods were awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teleo

App video shows bravo loading. Anyone know if the mt ellen bus is big or small today?

rocks860

I just saw 3 chartered busses heading towards Lincoln peak so mount Ellen might be a good idea

rocks860

Good lord just looked at the webcams, glad I’m not skiing today. Huge line at valley house and huge line at gatehouse. Like 5 people at heavens gate

cdskier

Good lord just looked at the webcams, glad I’m not skiing today. Huge line at valley house and huge line at gatehouse. Like 5 people at heavens gate

Empty here at Ellen. And excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

WinS

Bravo went on windhold for awhile which is what caused the long line at GH and no line up top. Everything skied really well again but the mid-mountain winds were brutal. Interestingly, hardly any wind on Heaven's Gate.

smac75

Bravo went on windhold for awhile which is what caused the long line at GH and no line up top. Everything skied really well again but the mid-mountain winds were brutal. Interestingly, hardly any wind on Heaven's Gate.

Agree - the no wind on HG was a nice surprise. I was expecting the opposite. We did a bunch of amazing runs on Paradise and Spills and rode singles line and pretty much skied on. Great day on the mountain. However, ended on a bit of a downer...stood at the bar at rumbles waiting a good long time to order a drink, finally got belly up to the bar, bar maid comes over to where I was standing and looks straight over my head to a tall dude behind me and took his drink order. I shook my head and walked out. Headed over to Green Mtn lodge for apres where it was 100% more civilized. I love how over there you can spread out and sit in the cafeteria seats behind the band and still enjoy listening to them and have easy access to the bar. The bartenders over there are great and super laid back. Also, those awesome views out those big beautiful windows. Everything apres should be!

TheArchitect

No wind holds or crowds at Mt Ellen today. Snow was great, too. Glad I decided on going to Lincoln on Sunday