The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 694

AlpineZone

Page 694 of 739 FirstFirst ... 194594644684692693694695696704 ... LastLast
Results 6,931 to 6,940 of 7384
    Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Making snow in the woods wouldn't be entirely impossible (but certainly not a great idea).
    I often wonder how certain tree skiing that is right next to snowmaking trails indirectly benefits. And if a keen operations manager ever does this intentionally. When you see those snowmaking clouds kicking up you know some of it's going in there.

Woods tend to hold snow better in the spring (more shade) so it's not the worst idea in some cases.
    2019/2020 season

Berkshire East [12/20, 1/7, 1/10, 1/22, 1/24]
    Bretton Woods [1/3, 1/30]
    Cannon [2/19]
    Gunstock [1/2]
    Mad River Glen [1/29, 2/11]
    Mount Snow [11/14, 11/21, 12/2]
    Pico [2/23]
    Smugglers Notch [2/12]
    Wachusett [12/16]

^woods between powerline and ridge run are always skiable first at k because of the north ridge assault.

After they blow steins, Christmas Tree woods is usually good to go for the season. At lease on the left side.

I've always thought ski areas should cut glades on the down wind side of snowmaking trails. "Side Glades". Also a great way to introduce skiers to glade skiing without literally throwing them into the woods.
    2018/19 = 36
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Grooming in the woods however would take some serious skill (and miniature groomers!)
    Vail grooms some pretty heavily wooded terrain out in Blue Sky. I don't think there's anything comparable in VT.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    The trail was widened on both sides to fit the groomers and is not a massively wide. The original trail was thinner with a lot more trees. There is also more than just a handful of a lonely trees. You exaggerate how it actually is. You should ski it.

I will never stop calling it Murphys Glade.
    so it sounds like you're telling us this benedork gomez guy speaks like he's the utmost authority on shit he knows nothing about...

huh...

Personally I love Sleeper, Birch, and Murphy’s. I love those widely spaced trees. I can see both sides of things here. While I have no issue referring to Murphy’s by its full name, I would say these three trails qualify as trails with trees. Whereas Eden or Deeper Sleeper or Evans Woods, etc. classify as glades. But it’s all good. I like to ski it all. My first choice warm up is birch to sleeper.

FWIW, of those three trails, Murphy’s is my least fav. It’s because I usually find the bottom to be very scrapey. But I’m picking at nits here.

Quote Originally Posted by spring_mountain_high View Post
    so it sounds like you're telling us this benedork gomez guy speaks like he's the utmost authority on shit he knows nothing about...
    Wow! Someone's really butthurt from that other thread. LOL

EDIT: And I am correct, Murphy's Glade would not be considered a "glade" by pretty much anyone who skis glades. Also, it's a rather wide trail. With scant trees on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec142 View Post
    My first choice warm up is birch to sleeper.
    We do the same thing. Absolutely love that run. Especially if the diamond sleeper part has some baby moguls.
    Last edited by BenedictGomez; Jan 23, 2020 at 11:00 PM.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by spring_mountain_high View Post

huh...
    That's not true. BG IS the utmost authority on virtually any subject. Just ask him. Big brain on that guy. Tremendous IQ. No one knows more about all the things than he does.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by mikec142 View Post
    Personally I love Sleeper, Birch, and Murphy’s. I love those widely spaced trees. I can see both sides of things here. While I have no issue referring to Murphy’s by its full name, I would say these three trails qualify as trails with trees. Whereas Eden or Deeper Sleeper or Evans Woods, etc. classify as glades. But it’s all good. I like to ski it all. My first choice warm up is birch to sleeper.

FWIW, of those three trails, Murphy’s is my least fav. It’s because I usually find the bottom to be very scrapey. But I’m picking at nits here.
    same here. dont know what it is about murphy's but I rarely hit it.

Thread Information