The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 834

AlpineZone

Page 834 of 834 FirstFirst ... 334734784824832833834
Results 8,331 to 8,340 of 8340
    Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    My daughter is up there now and I went to college there. I could easily see living there.
    Peter and his GF graduated from Cornell; she is currently in veterinary school there. My oldest David went to RIT which is in a suburb of Rochester and very nice. City proper not so much.

My youngest starts college at Alfred University late August. About an hour south of Rochester, small school and beautiful location but pretty isolated. James loved it when we visited which was about 2 weeks before the virus hell broke loose officially. I wasn't wild about him being so isolated at the time but think differently about that now.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    My oldest David went to RIT which is in a suburb of Rochester and very nice. City proper not so much.
    Good old Henrietta! I know it well (or at least I did 15-20 years ago) Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Good old Henrietta! I know it well (or at least I did 15-20 years ago) Go Tigers!
    It came down to a choice between RIT and Alfred for James. It was a tough call for him.

I personally love RIT and believe the coop program they have is the best in the country.

Wow way off topic sorry.

Daughter is a Sophomore at RIT in Computer Animation. Loves it there. She can't wait to go back. They've announced that in-peson classes willstart up in August.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    It came down to a choice between RIT and Alfred for James. It was a tough call for him.

I personally love RIT and believe the coop program they have is the best in the country.

Wow way off topic sorry.
    Hah...I'm pretty amazed that we went from Sugarbush -> Vermont -> Finger Lakes -> Rochester -> RIT somehow!

Definitely a great school. Although I'm not personally happy about some of the changes since I graduated (I was a huge proponent of their previous quarter system vs switching to semesters for example). I also think the price today is insane (although this applies to most schools). Hard to believe that tuition has more than doubled in the ~15 years since I graduated!

I have that same thought about tuition every time I make a payment for my son except its been 20 years for me...

Back to SugarBush

are they opening for summer? I haven't seen any email updates.
    2019-2020

Ski Visits in PA 38
    Ski Visits in VT 6
    Ski Visits in CO 4

Total Ski Visits 48

Looked like they were load testing Bravo yesterday. I think they do not know if they are opening or not. Depends what the next state directive is.

Quote Originally Posted by tumbler View Post
    Looked like they were load testing Bravo yesterday. I think they do not know if they are opening or not. Depends what the next state directive is.
    The latest Win's word talked about the plans for fireworks for July 4th (watch from the parking lot by your car, limited number of parking spots). It also mentioned golf being open. But beyond that no mention of other summer activities yet. I agree that I think they're pretty much waiting to see what the state continues to say. I still haven't been up to my condo since things shut down in March to do my usual end of season clean up.

If Sugarbush works this year at half capacity, how are they going to handle all the season passholders this year. Before the Merger with Allterra, I believe Win thru out that 80% of SB skiers were season pass holders. I know there are trying to work on something but if this goes to a lottery system, I feel bad for everyone who owns or rents. Imagine driving up there everyone weekend, then waiting until 12:01 to enter a lottery to see if you ski that day or not.

I know this isn't just Sugarbush's problem but all of Vermont ski areas.

Quote Originally Posted by nhskier1969 View Post
    If Sugarbush works this year at half capacity, how are they going to handle all the season passholders this year. Before the Merger with Allterra, I believe Win thru out that 80% of SB skiers were season pass holders. I know there are trying to work on something but if this goes to a lottery system, I feel bad for everyone who owns or rents. Imagine driving up there everyone weekend, then waiting until 12:01 to enter a lottery to see if you ski that day or not.

I know this isn't just Sugarbush's problem but all of Vermont ski areas.
    Where did you hear that they may be running at 1/2 capacity?

Thread Information