The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 614

AlpineZone

Page 614 of 636 FirstFirst ... 114514564604612613614615616624 ... LastLast
Results 6,131 to 6,140 of 6356
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I have struggled down from the long trail down to the top of inverness a couple of times. The problem is the woods are real thick in there with evergreens. it was a struggle. I have also gone from the long trail starting at Mt Ellen and found my way to the 19th hole at MRG. That was not bad but you need to make sure the mountain explorer is running. ;-0

This. the medium sized pine trees are packed in there tight. Its unpleasant to have to bushwack through that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    Have you done the "big slide" on Mt Ellen into Slide Brook? That's kind of on my to-do list but I can't find a lot of info on it.

Sure looks good anyway.. I guess the main question is... if you ski this and end up bottom of Slide Brook, can you get a shuttle ride back to Mt Ellen base or just over to Lincoln?

if you can get to the shuttle to lincoln, you can get to the one to mt ellen.

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    Have you done the "big slide" on Mt Ellen into Slide Brook? That's kind of on my to-do list but I can't find a lot of info on it.

Sure looks good anyway.. I guess the main question is... if you ski this and end up bottom of Slide Brook, can you get a shuttle ride back to Mt Ellen base or just over to Lincoln?

You can catch he bus either way

Quote Originally Posted by WinS View Post
    The two best options for a mid-mountain lodge are Gate House Plateau which is already part of our long-term plan with the USFS as well as new or expanded Glen House at ME. It might be possible to expand Allyn's a bit but lack of water limits the food options.

Are there issues other than cost, involved in doing anything to the lodges at Mt Ellen (other than usual permits and what not)??? I had heard there were some kind of septic/sewage issue.

As Hawk and Howie have said, the woods off the Long Trail north toward the Glen Ellen hut are very dense and it is bushwhacking the whole way. Be great if the Google satellite images offered a winter view so you could aim for the white and not the green, but they don't. There is a skin track up from Fiddlehead toward Antelope/Catamount.

Following the talk a few pages back of lodge expansions and crowding reminded me of the youTube from a few years ago, Hitler wants a Powder Day Sugarbush.... "we'll have to eat standing up in the boot room". One woman leans over to another, "You ski Middle Earth very well". Ha ha. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6qTOcGTJd0

The wait is over, folks. Back on snow Friday. Looks like Mtn Ops have done a great job getting ready.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    As Hawk and Howie have said, the woods off the Long Trail north toward the Glen Ellen hut are very dense and it is bushwhacking the whole way. Be great if the Google satellite images offered a winter view so you could aim for the white and not the green, but they don't. There is a skin track up from Fiddlehead toward Antelope/Catamount.

Following the talk a few pages back of lodge expansions and crowding reminded me of the youTube from a few years ago, Hitler wants a Powder Day Sugarbush.... "all we can get is an (f-ing) table in the boot room". One woman leans over to another, "You ski Middle Earth very well". Ha ha. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6qTOcGTJd0

The wait is over, folks. Back on snow Friday. Looks like Mtn Ops have done a great job getting ready.

that's my wife's handiwork.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    that's my wife's handiwork.
    I thought as much. Very funny lines - she's a keeper.

those hitler videos rule. i particularly like the ones about jambands (who woulda thunk?)

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    those hitler videos rule. i particularly like the ones about jambands (who woulda thunk?)
    Speaking of Jambands... back in college there was a Phish 1994 show at Sugarbush I was playing pretty frequently.
    2019/2020 season [*powder day]

Mount Snow [11/14, 11/21, 12/2*]

i havent explored slidebrook very much. maybe two runs ever, both starting from LP, and nothing nearly as cool as that long open slide in the video. how access that?

Thread Information