• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

WinS

Hah...showers right on schedule for when I'm next back up there of course (I'm coming back up sometime on Sunday).

Skiing in the rain can be really nice. It is the day after when it cools down that sucks. But if the rain ends with some snow it is totally different.

cdskier

Skiing in the rain can be really nice. It is the day after when it cools down that sucks. But if the rain ends with some snow it is totally different.

Yea, unless it is pouring some immature snow doesn't usually stop me. Sometimes visibility can be a problem, but I have had some quite decent days in wet weather otherwise.

And yea, Wednesday after temps drop again could be crappy if there's no back-end snow. I'll just keep hoping that the weather models are way off! :spread:

STREETSKIER

Upslope delivered big time and still dumping up high ,some sweet pow runs off hg today anyone who can come up here tomorrow will be rewarded
edd411424db204168898042d08f79541.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CastlerockMRV

Upslope delivered big time and still dumping up high ,some sweet pow runs off hg today anyone who can come up here tomorrow will be rewarded

Saw they even dropped the ropes on Paradise. Lets hope that rain staves off!

bdfreetuna

Saw they even dropped the ropes on Paradise. Lets hope that rain staves off!

I got one Sugarbush pass (two if you count Ski Vermont) and saving it for early April but darn that is tempting...

When does Mount Ellen open? Not seeing it on the website. (nm found it Friday Dec 20)

Last edited:

tumbler

When do the weekend lift hours change for Bravo and HG opening at 8?

Slidebrook87

Is the early Heaven’s Gate closing time due to the earlier sunset? I always love to hang out at the summit and get one of the last runs down with hardly any other people [emoji6]

WinS

Is the early Heaven’s Gate closing time due to the earlier sunset? I always love to hang out at the summit and get one of the last runs down with hardly any other people [emoji6]

It is to allow patrol to sweep the upper trails safely before it gets too dark.

Slidebrook87

Cool day today. Would’ve been much better if my legs didn’t hurt so much. Will Coffee Run be groomed by tomorrow? It was brutal today. Almost fell multiple times.

pinnoke

Will Coffee Run be groomed by tomorrow? It was brutal today. Almost fell multiple times.

Simply referring to the app or website's 'Trail Report', usually by mid-afternoon the day prior, will show you the next day's plan. Yes, Coffee Run indicates grooming for tomorrow.

Los

conditions and coverage were absolutely phenomenal this weekend!!! And that's even without skiing Heaven's Gate (didn't get to it yesterday and was on wind hold today...) Not looking forward to the damage the monday-tuesday warm up will bring...

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I can't find a link on the website to the at-mountain lift ticket prices. I click lift tickets on the website and it only brings me to online rates.

I'd simply call and ask but hopefully Win sees this and it's brought to his attention his walk-up prices are tough to find.

Slidebrook87

Kind of sad to see the trail count drop by 40 because of this ra*n.

ducky

"Kind of sad to see the trail count drop by 40 because of this ra*n."

Conditions today were absolutely prime on the manmade trails. Not bad on the natural trails with more coverage such as Spills and OG but Snowball to Fling was superstar carving material. Pushover was also excellent.

You never know if you don't go. Hardly any rain at all.