• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

cdskier

And I'm sure I'll buy mine too...but not until my deadlines.

Yea...I'm a bit of a procrastinator. I plan to buy, but wait until a little closer to the deadline. Probably by mid-April I'll buy mine unless something drastically changes between now and then.

djd66

Given what is going on with the economy, I would not be surprised if they extended the deadline. It is really tough for me to think about the possibility of next year's ski season being a bust. This whole situation is pretty awful, but going a winter with no skiing - that would really suck!

tumbler

Sure would. At this moment I'm more concerned about going into golf season with no golf

nhskier1969

Sure would. At this moment I'm more concerned about going into golf season with no golf

I wonder if the Golf courses would mind golfers "earning their turns" if the course is closed. If you got out as a twosome and you both are walking, I don't see that as a big deal.

icecoast1

I wonder if the Golf courses would mind golfers "earning their turns" if the course is closed. If you got out as a twosome and you both are walking, I don't see that as a big deal.

We're getting to the point where law enforcement is starting to enforce stuff like this, if they aren't doing it yet where you live, they will be soon

ducky

Stowe just closed to uphill traffic. Tucks closed also as 200/400 skiers there this weekend were from out of state.

nhskier1969

We're getting to the point where law enforcement is starting to enforce stuff like this, if they aren't doing it yet where you live, they will be soon

Guys don't get me wrong, I want to Pay. Maybe and Honor system that you put money into a box or something like that at the first hole. I know around me that some of the secondary courses would think it's a good idea. At least it's some revenue coming in.

ScottySkis

Dear Sugarbush and Mad River Glen Communities,

Over the last few difficult weeks we know that many of you have enjoyed skinning, hiking, skiing and riding at our mountains. While we fully embrace outdoor recreation, we have reluctantly made the decision to end uphill travel for the rest of this season at both Sugarbush and Mad River Glen, effective at dusk today. As we have become two of the last areas permitting this activity, we are concerned that this will now bring even more people into our community at a time when it is not in anyone’s best interest. Last weekend both Sugarbush and Mad River Glen saw a large volume of visitors traveling here from around the state and beyond. Though most were practicing social distancing we unfortunately understand that some may not have been following the proper guidelines. Given the favorable weather this weekend, we would anticipate even larger numbers if we don’t close uphill travel.

We know that outdoor exercise is something that we all enjoy and what is strongly recommended by the medical community and exempted under the Stay at Home order by Governor Scott. However, as the worst of the Coronavirus is still in front of us, we believe that this is the most appropriate action to take. Being good community members and looking out for the best interests of the community is a core value that we both hold. We thank you for your understanding and ask that you help us spread the word and keep people safe. We look forward to the return of normalcy. In the meantime, stay healthy.

All the best,

Matt & Win

Dickc

Watch Now we will get a giant snow storm in April. Has happened before

The best ever day of skiing in New England I have EVER had came late in the first week of April. Blower powder at Stowe in 1976. The snow was knee to mid thigh in depth and virtually no one was there.

dustyroads

Win,
My wife and I were Senior Premium Pass Holders this year and the year(s) before. I logged into the Sugarbush and Ikon website to buy passes for next year at the discounted rate. The Bush website redirects me to the Ikon site. However, the Ikon site doesn't recognize me as a previous passholder. Can you tell me what to do to get the discounted rate?

NickDanger

Win,
My wife and I were Senior Premium Pass Holders this year and the year(s) before. I logged into the Sugarbush and Ikon website to buy passes for next year at the discounted rate. The Bush website redirects me to the Ikon site. However, the Ikon site doesn't recognize me as a previous passholder. Can you tell me what to do to get the discounted rate?

Same thing happened to me. Call Sugarbush and they’ll email you a promo code.

WWF-VT

Win,

I got an email a few weeks ago with the subject line "Renewal Discounts Now Available!" a while ago that had the discount code

Last edited:

Howitzer

Win,

FYI any mention of the original April 22nd early deadline has been removed from the Ikon and Sugarbush websites. Essentially a deadline extension without explicitly phrasing it that way.