The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 850

AlpineZone

Page 850 of 865 FirstFirst ... 350750800840848849850851852860 ... LastLast
Results 8,491 to 8,500 of 8647
    That guy is a little off base. There are tons of people that have relocated to there place in VT and have been living there for months. There are still people coming up now that quarantine and plan to stay for the winter. All well within the rules because they quarneteened for 14 before going out in public. In my building alone there are 4 families that have relocated. So seeing non-green plates and saying they are weekenders breaking the rules is a sterotype and shows complete ignorance.

Personally, I think I should get a tax break from VT if I am not allowed to come up but that is just me.

Agree on all counts Hawk...

I very much don't like the attitude that just because someone has a non-green plate automatically means they must be breaking the rules.

Its the "Get off my lawn" mentality.
    2019-2020

Ski Visits in PA 38
    Ski Visits in VT 6
    Ski Visits in CO 4

Total Ski Visits 48

But they're perfectly happy to keep taking our money!

I've seen plans to replace the Valley House double with a high speed quad while extending the base terminal downhill to where the rental shop has been. Clearly the goal is to increase the out of base lift capacity so that the Super Bravo and Gate House quads aren't overwhelmed as they usually are on busy weekend/holiday mornings. But this plan concerns me for two reasons. First, the current intersection with the Valley House traverse and the top terminal of the VH lift is a disaster. The traverse gets scraped down to bare ice by 10:30AM and I see multiple collisions and near misses every day I'm there. Aren't you concerned that a quad would exacerbate this problem? Second, the trails in that pod are already quite heavily used, especially Spring Fling and Snowball/Racers Edge. Why would you want to double lift capacity for a pod with two crowded snowmaking trails, and four expert/upper intermediate natural trails that can't handle many more skiers as it is? Throw in the fact that half of Spring Fling is often closed and you really are setting yourselves up for a diminution of the skiing experience. Lift lines are, by and large, not a big problem at SB.
    Complete information about Azerbaijan Visa Requirements for travelers before packing bags can be found here.

Quote Originally Posted by deckrdshaw View Post
    I've seen plans to replace the Valley House double with a high speed quad while extending the base terminal downhill to where the rental shop has been. Clearly the goal is to increase the out of base lift capacity so that the Super Bravo and Gate House quads aren't overwhelmed as they usually are on busy weekend/holiday mornings. But this plan concerns me for two reasons. First, the current intersection with the Valley House traverse and the top terminal of the VH lift is a disaster. The traverse gets scraped down to bare ice by 10:30AM and I see multiple collisions and near misses every day I'm there. Aren't you concerned that a quad would exacerbate this problem? Second, the trails in that pod are already quite heavily used, especially Spring Fling and Snowball/Racers Edge. Why would you want to double lift capacity for a pod with two crowded snowmaking trails, and four expert/upper intermediate natural trails that can't handle many more skiers as it is? Throw in the fact that half of Spring Fling is often closed and you really are setting yourselves up for a diminution of the skiing experience. Lift lines are, by and large, not a big problem at SB.
    Have you been asleep for the past few years? This lift has already been replaced,... and btw - it works great.

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    Have you been asleep for the past few years? This lift has already been replaced,... and btw - it works great.
    LOL. I was literally wondering the same thing. The new lift is great. The redesigned VH traverse merge is great. The loading terminal being lower down the mountain is great. Really odd first post on the forum for sure!

Hasn't it been like 5 years?

Sent from my SM-G973U using AlpineZone mobile app
    2019-2020

Ski Visits in PA 38
    Ski Visits in VT 6
    Ski Visits in CO 4

Total Ski Visits 48

Quote Originally Posted by jimmywilson69 View Post
    Yup...if this post had been just a few days later, we could have said that it was made on the 5th year anniversary of the new towers being delivered!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmywilson69 View Post

Sent from my SM-G973U using AlpineZone mobile app
    We were last a SB about five years ago and it was installed which I think was the first year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Thread Information