• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Kleetus

This. I was there a few years back on the last day and was genuinely surprised that they were calling it quits. We were still skiing in the trees that day!

I closed down Stowe the 13-14 and 14-15 seasons. In both cases they could have stayed open later, especially 14-15 when they still had tons of snow and would have 75%+ of terrain open had they spun all the lifts. Epic spring bumps. Unfortunately that's not what brings in the skiers and that was it.

Was at Tremblant last year in mid April closing weekend and same thing. Pretty much 100% open and they could have gone to May easily, but people even up in Quebec had moved on to spring activities so they closed. Was a shame because last winter they had by their standards an Epic winter or close and had all the snow we missed out on.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

cdskier

FWIW - it's been snowing for the past few hours so at least it looks like winter hasn't given up yet

Roads were a bit slick on the western side of the greens. Saw two cars off the road on route 30/73 in Sudbury on the drive up.

smac75

Roads were a bit slick on the western side of the greens. Saw two cars off the road on route 30/73 in Sudbury on the drive up.

And plenty off the road on 89 heading north - I saw at least 5. Not sure how the roads were so slick with it being cold and dry for the past 24 hours. Whiteout squalls just after Lebanon as well.

rocks860

We were driving back from Manchester to magic after dinner and it was crazy, barely any visibility

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benski

Mt. Ellen usually closes the last weekend of march and usually reopens for a passholder day the first Saturday of April.

BenedictGomez

Sugurbush joining the Mountain Collective didn't take long. LOL. Pretty obvious they're scared by Vail/Stowe and knew they needed to make a move.

I dont see this as much of a carrot for an eastern skier though, unless you happen to be vacationing someplace like Utah, and even then, frankly I can easily beat 6 days for $400 with other offers.

raisingarizona

Smart move on their part. The Mountain Collective is pretty awesome if you can afford to travel. It would be better though if a few other eastern areas were on the bill.

slatham

So I am not sure I get this. It seems anyone can buy a mountain collective pass for $399 and get the benefits - 2 days at each destination, plus 50% off thereafter. You don't have to be a passholder at one of the mountains to get this.

The only benefit for season passholders is:

"Premium passholders at Mountain Collective Resorts have the opportunity to purchase unlimited 50% off single day tickets at the other Mountain Collective Resorts. We recommend reaching out to the resort you're interested in visiting to inquire about specific details."

So it would seem that for no additional money a "premium" Sugarbush passholder can get unlimited 50% discounts at other mountains in the collective.

Do I have this right?

thetrailboss

Staff member
The "Sugarbush Thread"

So I am not sure I get this. It seems anyone can buy a mountain collective pass for $399 and get the benefits - 2 days at each destination, plus 50% off thereafter. You don't have to be a passholder at one of the mountains to get this.

The only benefit for season passholders is:

"Premium passholders at Mountain Collective Resorts have the opportunity to purchase unlimited 50% off single day tickets at the other Mountain Collective Resorts. We recommend reaching out to the resort you're interested in visiting to inquire about specific details."

So it would seem that for no additional money a "premium" Sugarbush passholder can get unlimited 50% discounts at other mountains in the collective.

Do I have this right?

You are correct. As an Alta-Bird passholder I have that deal.

Duncanator24

This is awesome! I planned on buying a Mountain Collective pass to coincide with a move out to California. This will let me still get in a ski trip with friends at home who have SB season passes. Plus if the 50% off other collective resorts holds true then they could find it easier to make a trip or two out west. I kinda wish they had 3-4 days at each and like half of the mountains, but the price is pretty darn good!

Dear Sugarbush, I love you but please stop claiming your ski-able acreage is just 700 acres short of Alta and Snowbird combined (source: the Mountain Collective website).