• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Slidebrook87

"Kind of sad to see the trail count drop by 40 because of this ra*n."

Conditions today were absolutely prime on the manmade trails. Not bad on the natural trails with more coverage such as Spills and OG but Snowball to Fling was superstar carving material. Pushover was also excellent.

You never know if you don't go. Hardly any rain at all.

I’m more talking about tomorrow. Most if not all of the natural trails closed, and it is forecasted to be very warm. Shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbedle

I can't find a link on the website to the at-mountain lift ticket prices. I click lift tickets on the website and it only brings me to online rates.

I'd simply call and ask but hopefully Win sees this and it's brought to his attention his walk-up prices are tough to find.

If you do the math they are $139 holiday and $129 regular.

Slidebrook87

Being such a large independent resort, having such high ticket prices is nescessary. Once Alterra owns it though, I think tickets at these prices will just be too much. $139 is really only worth it on a weekend like President’s when all trails and lifts (including Slide Brook are open). Never would I visit Sugarbush at a time like Presidents and only ski Lincoln. I would feel the need to ski both mountains to get my money’s worth.

cdskier

lol at $139 day rate ever being “worth it”

Also lol at anyone that actually pays walk up rates...if someone hasn’t discovered the internet by now, there’s not much hope for them.

Although oddly enough I know many people that have no problem paying $100+ for concert or sporting event tickets for just a few hours of entertainment. (I personally won’t)

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

ThinkSnow

conditions and coverage were absolutely phenomenal this weekend!!! And that's even without skiing Heaven's Gate (didn't get to it yesterday and was on wind hold today...)
HG was open first thing Sunday morning. Rode it twice & thought it probably should go on windhold, with the way the chairs were swinging.

cdskier

"Kind of sad to see the trail count drop by 40 because of this ra*n."

Conditions today were absolutely prime on the manmade trails. Not bad on the natural trails with more coverage such as Spills and OG but Snowball to Fling was superstar carving material. Pushover was also excellent.

You never know if you don't go. Hardly any rain at all.

Yesterday was very nice. I agree that the man made were excellent. The whales on lower og were fun too. The natural snow on lower domino and upper og was great as well.

Today’s a different story. Substantially firmer than I was expecting in many spots. Some definite damage was done by Mother Nature last night.

STREETSKIER

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Whenever they say groomers took the night off I take the next day off I like to leave it in a good note like yesterday if they had groomed late that would.be best but tough call with weather I’ve been hitting it hard so I’m taking the week off

Hawk

The sugar bash is this Saturday but no Grift. Does anyone know why? They have been playing the sugar bash for as long as I remember.

cdskier

Whenever they say groomers took the night off I take the next day off I like to leave it in a good note like yesterday if they had groomed late that would.be best but tough call with weather I’ve been hitting it hard so I’m taking the week off

I know it says no grooming. But it seems like they did make a quick pass this morning on a few trails. There’s no way that much cord is still showing from yesterday. And if you follow those paths you’re finding the softest snow today.

STREETSKIER

I know it says no grooming. But it seems like they did make a quick pass this morning on a few trails. There’s no way that much cord is still showing from yesterday. And if you follow those paths you’re finding the softest snow today.

I saw one on spring fling this am I’m happy with my decision

Hawk

I think the trail count going down to 20 does not mean that the closed trails will not open tomorrow. Usually they close the natural trails so that they don't get all tracked up and rutted and stay more preserved. They wait for it to harden back up so at least they are smooth. Maybe not as good as last weekend but at least not totally destroyed.

cdskier

I think the trail count going down to 20 does not mean that the closed trails will not open tomorrow. Usually they close the natural trails so that they don't get all tracked up and rutted and stay more preserved. They wait for it to harden back up so at least they are smooth. Maybe not as good as last weekend but at least not totally destroyed.

From what I saw today on the mountain, we need some natural snow before most of the closed trails will reopen. Maybe some of the closed trails have a skiable line or two, but there’s a ton of bare ground showing through now on many of the trails that had been open on only natural snow.

Here’s looking up OG from DS today. And it has been raining more today since I skied this morning.IMG_5627.jpg

And here’s steins and lower bird land as of this morningIMG_5626.jpg

Meanwhile yesterday OG looked like thisIMG_5618.jpg

The good news is temps are dropping and the webcam looks like it has changed to snow up top

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!

Thank you for answering...but what does "if you do the math" even mean? :lol: Is it seriously not posted on the site?

For those curious folks wondering why I'm asking, their PSIA member rate has been 50% off the window rate. I'm not cruising up to the mountain in my Jaguar paying walk-up rates when the skiing is good lol.

cdskier

Thank you for answering...but what does "if you do the math" even mean? :lol: Is it seriously not posted on the site?

For those curious folks wondering why I'm asking, their PSIA member rate has been 50% off the window rate. I'm not cruising up to the mountain in my Jaguar paying walk-up rates when the skiing is good lol.

Do the math means if you go to the advanced online sales and use the rates listed and percent savings for each price listed you’ll be able to figure out the window rate.

In the past the window rates were posted online, but not sure if that changed for this year.

mbedle

LOL - that cracked me up.

flakeydog

Two things....

First off, they would need a cardiologist in residence next To the ticket window if they actually posted those but I digress...

Second- ahhrgg! I almost can’t look at the carnage. But I am glad you sent it so we know what is going on. Prob be up there regardless anyway. That is all...,

Orca

Scummy if the window rates are not posted on the website -- I couldn't find them. Customers (and potential customers) go the the web site for INFORMATION, and there is a lot of information pushing the product on the site. Just not the actual price of consuming the product in the form of a day of skiing. Boo to Alterra if they are responsible for the deception of cloaking the price until the guy shows up at the window with family in tow. What, turn around now?

Not a very good showing in the "honest Vermont" category. Little steps in the wrong direction add up quickly.

WWF-VT

If you go to the website to find the price of tickets it's your own fault if you don't find the option to "Buy Online" and save anywhere from 10% to 45% off by purchasing in advance.