• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

icecoast1

Snowfall now totally predictable.

Its inevitable. The last two bad winters like this one in the last decade have always had late season storms right after resorts close. Was looking like a shift in the patterns late month/early april, not sure if it's still the case

WinS

Just imagine how much this would suck if it all of a sudden dumped 24”!

I wonder if the Lincoln Limo is available to rent? That has always been on my bucket list to do one day at ME in the spring.

Unfortunately, no. We are not running anything for guests other than our water and waste water operations and property management services until further notice. The mountain is open for skinning but watch out for mountain operations clearing the hill of equipment.

WinS

My guess is they are using the cats to help strip the hill of all the operations stuff that is still there and are putting the tiller down. They are not grooming for the sake of grooming or for the skinners.

That is correct.

erdb1

Hi, I'm a season pass holder at SB. I missed the opportunity to get a last ski in on the weekend. Psychologically, I'm just not ready to finish the season, I need that last run:)) I don't have AT gear, and I'm not going shopping now. Is it OK to walk up the mountain on the side and ski down?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Hi, I'm a season pass holder at SB. I missed the opportunity to get a last ski in on the weekend. Psychologically, I'm just not ready to finish the season, I need that last run:)) I don't have AT gear, and I'm not going shopping now. Is it OK to walk up the mountain on the side and ski down?

See Win’s post above

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

WinS

Yes. Not the best way to hike up but go for it.

Hawk

I saw on the news that Killington gave all the surplus food to their laid off employees and food banks. That is a nice gesture.

machski

I saw on the news that Killington gave all the surplus food to their laid off employees and food banks. That is a nice gesture.
Sunday River did the same. Nice to see, it would have just gone to waste otherwise with the E-Brake ending of the season. I can't imagine how much food they had on hand at any resort, all of them should have done similar.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

STREETSKIER

The "Sugarbush Thread"

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200319/328d70fd53f68b8334edd6ea75ccc356.jpg[/
[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200319/47555b2a47d69400dc9d6f86405e5ef5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawk

Dam going to be cold this weekend. I was hoping it would be warm and ski nice soft snow. Skinning for hard scratchy snow is a bummer.

Hawk

What is all the snow in PA gone Jimmy? Just go to the nearest place and get some turns. No one is going to stop you. No one is around.

jimmywilson69

unfortunately my local Viail owned place is on private property and after catching hikers Sunday morning they drove groomers down the slopes to mess up the snow and make it undesirable to ski...

its mostly melted now anyways :cry:

I had strongly considered skinning Sunday Dawn Patrol but I knew the potential to get caught was high. So I bailed...

thetrailboss

Staff member
unfortunately my local Viail owned place is on private property and after catching hikers Sunday morning they drove groomers down the slopes to mess up the snow and make it undesirable to ski...

You sure about that? I ask because when ski areas are stripping slopes after the season they normally drive snowcats up and down the slopes like that when getting items.

cdskier

You sure about that? I ask because when ski areas are stripping slopes after the season they normally drive snowcats up and down the slopes like that when getting items.

I saw a photo on Facebook of I think it was a PA resort where the groomers literally plowed crisscross lines down every trail. Not sure if that's perhaps jimmy's local mountain. Definitely looked intentional to ruin the skinning/skiing option.