The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 571

AlpineZone

Page 571 of 589 FirstFirst ... 71471521561569570571572573581 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,710 of 5890
    Quote Originally Posted by skiur View Post
    Do many other places do something like that? I know K does it for the 100 day club, 60 seems much more attainable for the average person. Unless you live in a ski town it would be real tough to make 100. Anybody know of other mountains doing something similar?
    LOVED SBís 60 days in 60th year, great touch. Jackson Hole does 100 day club - invites those who ski 100+ days to a breakfast in Teton Village. Better yet, they post a list a several weeks from closing of those who have either made 100 days or will be eligible to make 100 days based on the remaining days in season.

Iím right there with you Hawk, I hit 60 days and 80-90% of those were at SB.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by ktrerotola View Post
    LOVED SB’s 60 days in 60th year, great touch. Jackson Hole does 100 day club - invites those who ski 100+ days to a breakfast in Teton Village. Better yet, they post a list a several weeks from closing of those who have either made 100 days or will be eligible to make 100 days based on the remaining days in season.

I’m right there with you Hawk, I hit 60 days and 80-90% of those were at SB.
    I'm down a bit from last year this year...I'm at 39 this year and going for 41 this weekend (only 1 day not at SB this season). My previous best was last year at 46.

Quote Originally Posted by WinS View Post
    My team already has their list:

Additional snowmaking pond for insurance and to allow more water capacity at LP. (We have excess air)
    New Glen House Lodge
    Additional mid- mountain Lodge at LP
    More employee housing
    Maybe replace HG with new fixed grip Quad with lower profile (more wind protection)
    Replace Inverness lift
    Expand ME base Lodge
    Renovate Sugarbush Inn
    Renovate SHARC
    New vehicle maintenance building
    New golf clubhouse
    Some additional summer activities
    Replace Bravo in 5 years.
    And thatís only some of the items.
    That's a great list. And all things that would keep Sugarbush "Sugarbush". Nothing super crazy in there that would drastically change the resort from what we love.

Good list.

Good for SB opening this weekend.

Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by ktrerotola View Post
    LOVED SBís 60 days in 60th year, great touch. Jackson Hole does 100 day club - invites those who ski 100+ days to a breakfast in Teton Village. Better yet, they post a list a several weeks from closing of those who have either made 100 days or will be eligible to make 100 days based on the remaining days in season.

Iím right there with you Hawk, I hit 60 days and 80-90% of those were at SB.

You don't have to go that far away to compare another resort that celebrates 100 day skiers. Just go down Route 100 a bit.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by WinS View Post
    My team already has their list:

Additional snowmaking pond for insurance and to allow more water capacity at LP. (We have excess air)
    New Glen House Lodge
    Additional mid- mountain Lodge at LP
    More employee housing
    Maybe replace HG with new fixed grip Quad with lower profile (more wind protection)
    Replace Inverness lift
    Expand ME base Lodge
    Renovate Sugarbush Inn
    Renovate SHARC
    New vehicle maintenance building
    New golf clubhouse
    Some additional summer activities
    Replace Bravo in 5 years.
    And thatís only some of the items.
    awesome stuff. If and when HG is replaced, is the thinking that the new lift ends at the same spot as the existing terminus, or someplace else, like up where the old gondola ended?

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    awesome stuff. If and when HG is replaced, is the thinking that the new lift ends at the same spot as the existing terminus, or someplace else, like up where the old gondola ended?
    Wouldn't moving it up where the old gondola ended worsen the wind impact? I'd have to think they would keep it right around the current alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Wouldn't moving it up where the old gondola ended worsen the wind impact? I'd have to think they would keep it right around the current alignment.
    That would be my conclusion too - too windy up where gondi was. A regrade of the lift terminus flow into OG/Jester would be nice.....
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    That would be my conclusion too - too windy up where gondi was. A regrade of the lift terminus flow into OG/Jester would be nice.....
    Exactly. Too exposed.

Also agree that the regrade would be a good idea.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Any word on what will officially be open this weekend? Are we down to just Stiens? Or can you patch together Snowball, fling and a way to lower grinder?

Thread Information