The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 267

AlpineZone

Page 267 of 684 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277317367 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 6839
    FWIW - it's been snowing for the past few hours so at least it looks like winter hasn't given up yet

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Stowe closes right around April 20th every year. They could be at 100% operation and they'd still shut down.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app
    This. I was there a few years back on the last day and was genuinely surprised that they were calling it quits. We were still skiing in the trees that day!
    The chairlift is a free rollercoaster!

Stowe closes the 3rd weekend of April pretty consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by frapcap View Post
    This. I was there a few years back on the last day and was genuinely surprised that they were calling it quits. We were still skiing in the trees that day!
    I closed down Stowe the 13-14 and 14-15 seasons. In both cases they could have stayed open later, especially 14-15 when they still had tons of snow and would have 75%+ of terrain open had they spun all the lifts. Epic spring bumps. Unfortunately that's not what brings in the skiers and that was it.

Was at Tremblant last year in mid April closing weekend and same thing. Pretty much 100% open and they could have gone to May easily, but people even up in Quebec had moved on to spring activities so they closed. Was a shame because last winter they had by their standards an Epic winter or close and had all the snow we missed out on.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    FWIW - it's been snowing for the past few hours so at least it looks like winter hasn't given up yet
    Roads were a bit slick on the western side of the greens. Saw two cars off the road on route 30/73 in Sudbury on the drive up.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Roads were a bit slick on the western side of the greens. Saw two cars off the road on route 30/73 in Sudbury on the drive up.

And plenty off the road on 89 heading north - I saw at least 5. Not sure how the roads were so slick with it being cold and dry for the past 24 hours. Whiteout squalls just after Lebanon as well.

Yes it was an interesting drive up.

We were driving back from Manchester to magic after dinner and it was crazy, barely any visibility

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will be interesting to see if Vail keeps the same commitment to the snowmaking and the users experience as AIG has demonstrated. Case in point.
    https://www.stowe.com/ski-ride/

When does Mt. Ellen normally close? Our ski club has a trip up that way for the 24-26.

Thread Information