• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

MorningWoods

Ok, that was what I was wondering about (crowd management). Apparently they have to manage the number of people inside due to fire code.

I was there. I would agree crowded, but not mid season castle rock pub crowded. Comfortable. They did an awesome job with the place. Looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WinS

Skiing was great. Especially if you went to areas that no one has been. We got out real early both days and the conditions overall were much better than expected. The 4"-6" that they got went a long way.
So you're not going to believe this, but I have to say that the snowmaking on lower organ grinder was very good. It seems that they got the mix right for most of the trail. We did several runs on it before people figured it out and they were some of the best turns I had. I have to give credit where credit is due. Snowmaking is hard work.

Is this the real Hawk????

Thank you.

HowieT2

Thank you.

Ha ha!
I think so. Saw him in the gatehouse sunday morning and there were no complaints. Happy as a clam. funny what a four foot snow pack will do.

cdskier

Thank you.

Hah!

To add to the snowmaking kudos, I thought lower snowball today under the guns was beautiful as well. Too bad I didn’t decide to check it out until what I had already decided was my last run for the day. Wanted to lap it but had other commitments this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

WinS

Hah!

To add to the snowmaking kudos, I thought lower snowball today under the guns was beautiful as well. Too bad I didn’t decide to check it out until what I had already decided was my last run for the day. Wanted to lap it but had other commitments this afternoon.

We will stay on Murphy’s, Birdland, Lower Snowball and Racer’s Edge for couple more days. It will be warming up as we approach Saturday so we will have to see if it makes sense to go up to Ripcord or move back to the GH side to focus on Sleeper, Hot Shot and North Lynx. At ME, the terrain park is coming in well and we turned on Lower Cruiser. Still need more on Rim Run and Lower Elbow too.

tumbler

Win- now that the natural has settled in and compacted into a good solid base, any thought of putting a groomer on some of the trails that are usually groomed but have not have snow made on them yet? Now that you are on Murphy's and Birdland it leaves GH and NL trails and Ripcord. Just curious.

cdskier

Just curious, was domino chute widened? I keep thinking it seems different this year every time I take it.

tumbler

Just curious, was domino chute widened? I keep thinking it seems different this year every time I take it.

I don't think so as there is a hill on the right and drop off on the left. Probably some trees were trimmed by snowmaking.

WinS

In football an alert quarterback knows when to call an audible. That happens with snowmaking too. We came off of Birdland and Murphy's earlier today but are staying on Lower Snowball and Racer's Edge a bit longer to make sure that is all set up for the winter. We have a half-curtailment tonight but that allows us to keep running and then a full curtailment tomorrow. We were planning to move up to Ripcord but as we were charging the line it blew, so we are moving to Stein's tonight. We will not have enough time to finish it before tomorrow's curtailment but I think with the cold temps tonight, there could be some really nice turns on it tomorrow. Over at ME we are finishing up the terrain park and moving back up the mountain. Things will be warming up Friday through Monday so unlikely we can turn the guns on until then. Fortunately, the forecast for the weekend is looking a lot better at this point with colder temps and not a lot of precip. Finger crossed that the warmer and wet stays south of us.

tumbler

Ugh. Hope you are not dragging an excavator and a winch up to Ripcord for a difficult repair. Definitely fingers crossed on the weather for the weekend.

WinS

Ugh. Hope you are not dragging an excavator and a winch up to Ripcord for a difficult repair. Definitely fingers crossed on the weather for the weekend.

It happened just as it got dark so will find out in the morning what it looks like! But that may be what is required.

cdskier

It happened just as it got dark so will find out in the morning what it looks like! But that may be what is required.

Ouch. Hope it doesn’t turn out too bad once you can see the problem.

Looking forward to possibly checking out steins tomorrow though.

Today I ended up going over to mad river for the first time ever. Pretty amazing experience and glad I finally visited our neighbor in the valley.

tumbler

Today I ended up going over to mad river for the first time ever. Pretty amazing experience and glad I finally visited our neighbor in the valley.

Jealous of your mid week skiing. Tough decisions of which lift to ski onto.

thetrailboss

Staff member

How long have you skied in the MRV before getting to MRG? Both compliment each other pretty well IMHO. It is definitely a huge selling point for the Valley.

cdskier

How long have you skied in the MRV before getting to MRG? Both compliment each other pretty well IMHO. It is definitely a huge selling point for the Valley.

7th year as a condo owner and sugarbush pass holder. Prior to that I was up at sugarbush only 1 weekend a year since 2004 I want to say.

Been on my “need to get there one day” list for far too long needless to say. A big reason I never got there until now is that I always wanted to go there midweek and I’m not in the valley that often midweek.

Hawk

7th year as a condo owner and sugarbush pass holder. Prior to that I was up at sugarbush only 1 weekend a year since 2004 I want to say.

Been on my “need to get there one day” list for far too long needless to say. A big reason I never got there until now is that I always wanted to go there midweek and I’m not in the valley that often midweek.

Where are you CD Snow Creek?