The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 615

AlpineZone

Page 615 of 700 FirstFirst ... 115515565605613614615616617625665 ... LastLast
Results 6,141 to 6,150 of 6999
  1. #6141
    Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    i havent explored slidebrook very much. maybe two runs ever, both starting from LP, and nothing nearly as cool as that long open slide in the video. how access that?
    Somebody marked the access from the LT with surveyors tape a few years ago. Iíve never gone over there so canít confirm whether or not itís still there. Maybe someone else here has?

    https://www.valleyreporter.com/index...in-slide-brook

  2. #6142
    Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    i havent explored slidebrook very much. maybe two runs ever, both starting from LP, and nothing nearly as cool as that long open slide in the video. how access that?
    20 minute hike south from ME Summit chair. Very steep and jump turns only with loose rocks getting in at the top. The bottom 3/4 goes quickly then a long semi-flatout back to the fire road. I was on a board and had to pull my way out. Looks better from far away than it is for the 20 seconds of glory.

  3. #6143
    thanks. it looks a little like poma line @ pico.

  4. #6144
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I have struggled down from the long trail down to the top of inverness a couple of times. The problem is the woods are real thick in there with evergreens. it was a struggle. I have also gone from the long trail starting at Mt Ellen and found my way to the 19th hole at MRG. That was not bad but you need to make sure the mountain explorer is running. ;-0
    Yeah. Thatís what I was afraid of. If that rumor was true and about a skin track and some glades down through there that would be very cool.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #6145
    Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    thanks. it looks a little like poma line @ pico.
    Its way tighter than PomaLine at Pico! That’s a super highway compared to accessing the slide. Then it's a good little drop to get into the slide. Then you gotta figure out the rest of the jouney when you re-enter the woods, don't forget about that part of the adventure! Good times coming our way soon!!

  6. #6146
    Quote Originally Posted by MorningWoods View Post
    Yeah. That’s what I was afraid of. If that rumor was true and about a skin track and some glades down through there that would be very cool.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Obviously wishful thinking here, especially now that we live in the days of lawsuits and insurance, but if SB were to do something a la the Angry Beavers of Black Mountain I'm sure their would be plenty of folks willing to lend a few weekends to get something going up there. Throw in a few lift ticket vouchers and you'd have folks lining up to do it. However I know nothing about ski area management so I'm sure there are still plenty of issues such as that the skin track would need to be cut wide enough to get a snowmobile / sled up there which could mean removing stumps, maybe minor blasting, etc.

  7. #6147
    Quote Originally Posted by CastlerockMRV View Post
    Obviously wishful thinking here, especially now that we live in the days of lawsuits and insurance, but if SB were to do something a la the Angry Beavers of Black Mountain I'm sure their would be plenty of folks willing to lend a few weekends to get something going up there. Throw in a few lift ticket vouchers and you'd have folks lining up to do it. However I know nothing about ski area management so I'm sure there are still plenty of issues such as that the skin track would need to be cut wide enough to get a snowmobile / sled up there which could mean removing stumps, maybe minor blasting, etc.
    some years ago, they used to do that in slidebrook in the summer. Was fun.

  8. #6148
    Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    I thought as much. Very funny lines - she's a keeper.
    And she cooks too!

  9. #6149
    WWF-VT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MA & Fayston, VT
    Posts
    2,489
    Quote Originally Posted by CastlerockMRV View Post
    Obviously wishful thinking here, especially now that we live in the days of lawsuits and insurance, but if SB were to do something a la the Angry Beavers of Black Mountain I'm sure their would be plenty of folks willing to lend a few weekends to get something going up there. Throw in a few lift ticket vouchers and you'd have folks lining up to do it. However I know nothing about ski area management so I'm sure there are still plenty of issues such as that the skin track would need to be cut wide enough to get a snowmobile / sled up there which could mean removing stumps, maybe minor blasting, etc.

    Check out the "Tree Skiing Terrain Prescriptions" in the 2008 Vegetation Management Plan with the USFS and you will get a better understanding of what can and can't be done:



    http://www.iabsi.com/ski/sugarbush/2...th_Figures.pdf

  10. #6150
    Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    Check out the "Tree Skiing Terrain Prescriptions" in the 2008 Vegetation Management Plan with the USFS and you will get a better understanding of what can and can't be done:

    http://www.iabsi.com/ski/sugarbush/2...th_Figures.pdf
    I often look at that report and dream about some of that terrain. However, just because its on this plan doesn't mean "it can be done". Act 250 still rules as does the forest service. This was a plan by a third party and not approved by any regulatory authority to my knowledge (Win, that correct?).
    2018/19 = 36
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 9 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 9 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The "Sugarbush Thread" vs. Guess the ski area
    By Greg in forum Northeast Skiing and Snowboarding Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Aug 12, 2005, 11:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 PM.