The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 500

AlpineZone

Page 500 of 574 FirstFirst ... 400450490498499500501502510550 ... LastLast
Results 4,991 to 5,000 of 5737
  1. #4991
    Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Mad River Valley / MA
    Posts
    590
    If you add in the 4-6" we got on Sunday last week and we are looking at over 2 feet in the woods on that hard icy base. Things are looking up. Hope you feel better Win. Lots of people getting hurt this week. A couple of my friends had ACL tears. Not good. Stay safe out there.

  2. #4992
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    If you add in the 4-6" we got on Sunday last week and we are looking at over 2 feet in the woods on that hard icy base. Things are looking up. Hope you feel better Win. Lots of people getting hurt this week. A couple of my friends had ACL tears. Not good. Stay safe out there.
    not just that its was 2 feet but the first part of the storm was wet dense and the second half light and fluffy. perfect combination. wish I wasnt stuck at home riding the mtn bike.

  3. #4993
    Skied weds and Thursday. There was absolutely 18" or more. As Win (aka Pele) mentioned, it must've been impossible to get an accurate measurement with the swirling white tornado that spun for >48 hours. The drop-in pillows at some trail entries were thigh deep and most excellent. Many different densities fell this week. It ended up as blower .. hoping Ops was able to work that raw material in.



    Get well soon Win !
    Looking forward to seeing you out there working that scissor kick

  4. #4994

    Parking

    Would it be prudent to open the lower entrance to those looking not to drop off people up top?

    Seems even when i try to drop off my little guy to Blazers on good snow weekends I can end up starting back up by Paradise Deli.

    If lower entrance was opened to those looking to get on the jitney or walk up, it would prevent back ups - can let them in lower lot and lower lot of D.

    Just a thought!

    Great weekend this past Thur/Fri/Sat/Sunday

  5. #4995
    Quote Originally Posted by 1dog View Post
    Would it be prudent to open the lower entrance to those looking not to drop off people up top?

    Seems even when i try to drop off my little guy to Blazers on good snow weekends I can end up starting back up by Paradise Deli.

    If lower entrance was opened to those looking to get on the jitney or walk up, it would prevent back ups - can let them in lower lot and lower lot of D.

    Just a thought!

    Great weekend this past Thur/Fri/Sat/Sunday
    Unfortunately, no. I think this would not be better. Unfortunately, a lot of people like to arrive at the same time. We have found that the system we are using is the most orderly.

  6. #4996
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
    Skied weds and Thursday. There was absolutely 18" or more. As Win (aka Pele) mentioned, it must've been impossible to get an accurate measurement with the swirling white tornado that spun for >48 hours. The drop-in pillows at some trail entries were thigh deep and most excellent. Many different densities fell this week. It ended up as blower .. hoping Ops was able to work that raw material in.

    Get well soon Win !
    Looking forward to seeing you out there working that scissor kick
    Thank you. We are out in Taos at the annual winter meeting of the Mountain Collective resorts. First time here and it is an awesome mountain. There is some really good steep terrain that can be accessed both by lifts and hiking. Skied Kachina Peak and the hamstring felt good 😄

  7. #4997
    Quote Originally Posted by WinS View Post
    Unfortunately, no. I think this would not be better. Unfortunately, a lot of people like to arrive at the same time. We have found that the system we are using is the most orderly.
    It seams like the parking team attendants are the issue. Not sure what to do there. The individuals seam to do there job fine but as a team they just aren't fast enough. I saw Alta created a 3+ person a vehicle parking area in one of the closer lots. That might help keep the number of cars more manageable, and maybe the team operate more efficiently if they were split between two parking lots. Maybe a park and ride some where to the north so fewer people drive to the mountain will help.

  8. #4998
    Quote Originally Posted by WinS View Post
    Thank you. We are out in Taos at the annual winter meeting of the Mountain Collective resorts. First time here and it is an awesome mountain. There is some really good steep terrain that can be accessed both by lifts and hiking. Skied Kachina Peak and the hamstring felt good ��
    The winter prior to Ernie Blake's passing, we skied Taos in the deepest snow I have ever skied. After a 3 day storm they dug out and were able to get the primary chair running on pony motor. The Albuquerque paper that day was reporting 89" new. We trenched there for 4 days. They avi bombed Kachina and the debris was everywhere. Still, we hiked it and will never forget. Say hello to Rachel. See if she'd be interested in joining your Instructor team. That's one rippin' gal! We'll keep the gate on the house while you're away. Cheers!
    Last edited by jaybird; Jan 14, 2019 at 9:41 PM.

  9. #4999

    parking flow

    Quote Originally Posted by benski View Post
    It seams like the parking team attendants are the issue. Not sure what to do there. The individuals seam to do there job fine but as a team they just aren't fast enough. I saw Alta created a 3+ person a vehicle parking area in one of the closer lots. That might help keep the number of cars more manageable, and maybe the team operate more efficiently if they were split between two parking lots. Maybe a park and ride some where to the north so fewer people drive to the mountain will help.
    Well, understand the load at certain times - but giving cars more options to decrease the load at the 4-way intersection seems prudent.
    I have cut in before the conew were removed to park below and take the jit or walk up - didn't cause any problem and was one less car going thru the 'funnel'.

    Lowest lot option for 8:30-9:30 seems easy to try, but as I suggested, its just an option. Northeast Americans despise waiting!

    ( and hey if its not -4 I ski with my little guy from 8-9:30 removing the problem. Many families don't come until ski school starts - causing a forced jam at 9-9:30. Thx for the response Win.

  10. #5000
    Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Mad River Valley / MA
    Posts
    590
    Here is a suggestion. If there is a back up to the paradise market, take the golf course road to West Hill to Inferno and you will be at the stop sign in no time. Also Ben, it is not the parking attendants. They do fine. it the tourists in their cars that are the problem. It seems that people are too distracted and can't figure out where or how to park. Also they wait when the person before them pull up and swings the door open and get out right in the way of the next car. Some people are clueless.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The "Sugarbush Thread" vs. Guess the ski area
    By Greg in forum Northeast Skiing and Snowboarding Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Aug 12, 2005, 10:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:51 PM.