The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 451

AlpineZone

Page 451 of 576 FirstFirst ... 351401441449450451452453461501551 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,510 of 5757
    Mansfield has a crap load of towers on the nose and if I recall correctly a couple more on the middle of the ridge.

mtmansfield_01.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkSnow View Post
    What about the fire pit?
    I don't think a No-Vape rule is even enforceable on a reasonable basis. Although it's common courtesy to do so out of view of children and random families.

In fact all these rules are un-enforceable but I'm sure one or two employees will take it to heart.

Kind of like "tobacco-free zones" that include chew tobacco and dip.

At least we know gummies, cookies, lollipops and straight up eating distillate are acceptable.

I say if someone can huff a cigarette and still ski and not decide to quite either skiing or smoking, more power to them.

Quote Originally Posted by tumbler View Post
    Seriously? That sounds like a bit much without having a designated area to smoke. What are all the employees going to do since I would guess about 75% of them smoke cigs, not to mention other stuff. Doesn't affect me either but doesn't go with the laid back atmosphere they are trying to have.
    You are way off assuming 75% of employees smoke cigarettes. My guess is the number is closer to 10% as as only about 15% of the population in VT smoke cigs.
    Last edited by WWF-VT; Oct 9, 2018 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    You are way off assuming 75% of employees smoke cigarettes.
    We're talking Vermont so I assume everyone has moved on to dabbing extracts of Nicotiana rustica by now.

Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    You are way off assuming 75% of employees smoke cigarettes. My guess is the number is closer to 10% as as only about 15% of the population in VT smoke cigs.
    the employees have a designated smoking area hidden in the corner of the parking lot by the entrance to the claybrook road.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkSnow View Post
    its far from a "bogus use of wildlife protections" (as any Bicknells Thrush google search will show you its range covers a good deal of VT).
    Hence why it is, in fact, bogus.

And it's not just Vermont, the bird exists in the high country of New York, New Hampshire, Maine, New Brunswick, Quebec, etc....

Not to mention the bird isn't classified as endangered or even as threatened, but merely vulnerable. And not that it's classification should matter in the least bit from a ski resort perspective anyway, given the presence of skiers wont bother a bird that winters in Cuba, Haiti, and Jamaica. Now you've got me all wound up, happy?
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    the employees have a designated smoking area hidden in the corner of the parking lot by the entrance to the claybrook road.
    That would be one helluva crowded place if 75% of the employees smoked.

Yes, its range is the entire northern east coast, but this is the Sugarbush thread, not the Entire East Coast Thread. And really who cares if its reference could mean one less mountaintop eyesore.
    Sugarbush skier since 1985.........Think Snow!

everybody wants great cell coverage but no one wants a cell tower. Or at least "not in my back yard"
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    everybody wants great cell coverage but no one wants a cell tower. Or at least "not in my back yard"
    fortunately there exists a perfect solution..

Cell_phone_tower_disguised_2008.jpg

Thread Information