• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

nhskier1969

Looking at the new schedule for the Mad Bus. The name will hold tree with the new schedule.
A. Their timeline for each stop isn't doable.
B. Looks like they are combining the mtn bus with access road bus
C. They aren't taking into consideration stopping at slide brook. Plus I heard they are only going to run the smaller buses. Image stopping at all the access complexes for pick ups then stopping at slide brook. Where is everyone going to sit.
D. They use to go thru lower club, they took that completely off their route. If you live in lower club you will have to walk up to the access road to get picked up.
Whoever came up with the new schedule, really didn't think it thru.
Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 1.20.18 PM.jpg

Hawk

Looking at the new schedule for the Mad Bus. The name will hold tree with the new schedule.
C. They aren't taking into consideration stopping at slide brook. Plus I heard they are only going to run the smaller buses. Image stopping at all the access complexes for pick ups then stopping at slide brook. Where is everyone going to sit.
D. They use to go thru lower club, they took that completely off their route. If you live in lower club you will have to walk up to the access road to get picked up.
View attachment 24323
I think you are wrong about the buses. I have friends that drive. They always ramp up as the season goes on. I wouldn't be alarmed.

tumbler

I don't understand why they do not go to Warren Village. There is a commuter parking lot there and enough to do for a little while.

WWF-VT

View attachment 24323

Kind of hard to complain about a free service....

cdskier

I'm right above you. Are you the one lighting off the fireworks? LOL

Nice. Nope, isn't me. If it was on weekends I haven't even been there! :)

I rode the bus a few years but then pretty much gave up on it. On weekends I like being at the lift right around 8 when they open. The first stop by my condo used to be 8:15 or something like that so was pretty useless if you wanted to be at the lifts when they open. Plus now on Saturdays a lot of the time I will just drive straight to ME and ski there.

Just looked at the new schedule and it is a bit earlier now (8:02), but still gets you to the mountain after it opens. I'm completely confused why mid-week they're now picking up earlier than weekend for the mountain condo route. Lifts don't open until 9 but they're picking up starting at 7:42? That seems a bit backwards.

benski

Kind of hard to complain about a free service....

True, but I think many people think of the Mount Ellen bus as another ski area tram. 90% of the people on it are using it in that way. Though with this route we do get an extra bus every hour.

benski

I just pulled up the schedule. It says it will stop at Manlin Rd. and Slide Brook Rd. on request, so we get more service there.

TSQURD

...Just looked at the new schedule and it is a bit earlier now (8:02), but still gets you to the mountain after it opens. I'm completely confused why mid-week they're now picking up earlier than weekend for the mountain condo route. Lifts don't open until 9 but they're picking up starting at 7:42? That seems a bit backwards.

This has me scratching my head too

Oncefast

How long is the boot pack off Lincoln Peak over to Castle rock? Anyone skied those trails recently and how is the coverage up there?

cdskier

How long is the boot pack off Lincoln Peak over to Castle rock? Anyone skied those trails recently and how is the coverage up there?

Coverage is excellent. I skied it yesterday. 20 or so minute hike. Took me a bit longer but I stopped and took a lot of pictures along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

cdskier

I could be wrong but I believe that the condo associations pay a portion of the shuttle cost

I just looked at my condo association budget and don't see any line items for that unless it is hidden in something else.

benski

I could be wrong but I believe that the condo associations pay a portion of the shuttle cost

I have heard the same thing. Condos and the mountain pay for it. For the mountain it probably keeps the done people out of parking lots. In the Innsbruck area some mountains cover the fee for people dressed to ski on the route to their base. These are large ski area with small parking lots.