• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

WJenness

Saturday was general public.

Ok...

I was just going by their website:

TQLw6Ic.png

mtl1076

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Saturday was general public.

no it wasn't. Last Thursday was locals day, Friday brewers day. Definitely no public Saturday/Sunday but they might have had a private showing type thing. Today is first official open to general public day.

The place is pretty amazing and the beers are phenomenal.

cdskier

Anyone know when the cams at Sugarbush will be live?

Which ones? The Lincoln Peak Courtyard, Valley House Quad, and Summit Snow Stake cams are all live. The other lift-specific ones usually go live only once those particular lifts are open for the season (or at least closer to that point).

nhskier1969

Which ones? The Lincoln Peak Courtyard, Valley House Quad, and Summit Snow Stake cams are all live. The other lift-specific ones usually go live only once those particular lifts are open for the season (or at least closer to that point).

It won't load on my mac. I never had issues with it before. I just assumed that they took them down this summer and never put them back live.

slatham

It won't load on my mac. I never had issues with it before. I just assumed that they took them down this summer and never put them back live.

It takes a long time to load on my MAC but eventually it does. No live stream though....

The golf course driving range cam showed snow and people hitting golf balls?

tumbler

So all along it been a Nov 1 snowmaking start to hit opening the 17th but yesterday's snow report is now saying a Nov 6th start. Temps don't look great, I just don't like it when the ball moves.

I'm hoping for a big cold snap again like last year where they were able to cover snowball->spring fling and open valley house.

Let the annual snowmaking b*tch session begin! :beer:

skiur

So all along it been a Nov 1 snowmaking start to hit opening the 17th but yesterday's snow report is now saying a Nov 6th start. Temps don't look great, I just don't like it when the ball moves.

I'm hoping for a big cold snap again like last year where they were able to cover snowball->spring fling and open valley house.

Let the annual snowmaking b*tch session begin! :beer:

Be kinda hard to start making snow tomorrow when it's going to be in the 40s and raining. Sugarbush didn't move the ball, mother nature did.

Hawk

It's going to be pushed out even more if you look at the long range. I'm peronally not worried about it. Been skiing at Sunday River and will continue to do so until the weather turns. Sugarbush is not about snowmaking. They never have been and I am finally embracing that. ;-)

HowieT2

It's going to be pushed out even more if you look at the long range. I'm peronally not worried about it. Been skiing at Sunday River and will continue to do so until the weather turns. Sugarbush is not about snowmaking. They never have been and I am finally embracing that. ;-)

Looking like upwards of 4" of rain between now and tuesday. Pond should be full when the temps get right.

Hawk

I just heard that Shawn at Castlerock is leaving to go to Worthy Burger. That is bad as the bar was already slow. I wonder who will replace him. I wish him well and I hope it is not a bad decision for him. Restaurants in that location have always not lasted very long.

HowieT2

I just heard that Shawn at Castlerock is leaving to go to Worthy Burger. That is bad as the bar was already slow. I wonder who will replace him. I wish him well and I hope it is not a bad decision for him. Restaurants in that location have always not lasted very long.

That is a cursed location although the prior offerings there left much to be desired. Hopefully worthy burger can make a go of it.
Don't know that Shawn had much of a choice since they've been closing the crp in favor of timbers/rumbles kitchen during off peak hours.

Hawk

That is a cursed location although the prior offerings there left much to be desired. Hopefully worthy burger can make a go of it.
Don't know that Shawn had much of a choice since they've been closing the crp in favor of timbers/rumbles kitchen during off peak hours.
I don't think this year will be any different then any other year for Shawn. I talked to him a few weeks ago about work this year and he did not show any signs of leaving Sugarbush. I will be us soon and will get the scoop.

WinS

I guess it is time to return to this blog. Hope everyone had a nice summer. We had a dry summer and the rivers were low going into November, but the recent rains have them flowing well now. We extracted gravel yesterday and finishing today in order to put in the weir to allow water to flow into our snowmaking pond which was full after the rain. We have been making snow on Upper Organgrinder and Jester and Downspout as that is where temperatures allowed. We will be out of snowmaking later today as it warm up even at the summits, but then late tomorrow the temperatures are forecasted to be coming down and allow for snowmaking down low for a few days at least, so we will shift the attention to Upper Snowball and Spring Fling with the goal of having those for opening day just as we did last year. It made for a much better early experience than having heavy traffic on Downspout. See you all soon.