The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 646

AlpineZone

Page 646 of 812 FirstFirst ... 146546596636644645646647648656696746 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,460 of 8114
    Quote Originally Posted by Slidebrook87 View Post
    I originally mentioned relocating the quad to serve higher elevation terrain. Judging on how Mt. Ellen is treated though, I doubt anything will be happening over there for awhile. I’d love to see a base lodge remodel (not replacement) that is more open. Feels kind of dingy in there.
    Relocating the lift to go higher creates a potential issue as well...since the theoretical upper elevation Inverness terrain would be natural snow only, you now would have no lift serving the Inverness trail itself if you don't have enough snow to open the upper terrain. Sure you'd have the new GMVS T-Bar, and maybe that's enough simply for Inverness since it is closed to the public most of the time anyway. But I'd imagine that lift would be for GMVS use only, so then you'd lose your backup lift to GMX. At least now the current Inverness lift can get you to NRX if GMX isn't open for some reason.

Although I do agree that I wouldn't expect to see anything happening for a while. If there was ever terrain expansion though, I think ME has more possibilities than LP since LP is already fairly well built out (and some of the spots where you could add terrain at LP would probably get a lot of push-back from all the people that currently use the woods in those areas). And if you want to increase usage of ME, adding terrain might be the way to do it. An entire new pod of all natural terrain (maybe a mix of trails and glades) might be pretty enticing...

Sorry for so many comments, but their seems to be a bit of confusion. I suggested a new HSQ to replace the existing quad and to relocate that quad to start at the top of the HSQ and continue up the mountain to serve those natural trails. I do agree with you that there are potential issues with this plan though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enough ,no expansion especially Inverness ever

if its not groomed. im doomed!!!!:

If GMX is down, top of Sunny Q is only a 3 min hike to NRX.

One of my fav lines is skier's left outside the B-net on Inverness, or down the Poma line on skier's right behind the shack. The new cut to Brambles may put a damper on the left side poach.

STREETSKIER, who is older than dirt and has been here for decades, is probably right re expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by STREETSKIER View Post
    Enough ,no expansion especially Inverness ever

I’m curious why you are against the expansion? Do you want it to happen but just not see it possible?

Why do you people want expansion? They already have arguably the best terrain in all categories in New England, along with a great lift system to serve it. I don't know how you could get bored but try somewhere else - any more acreage is not only hard to cover with snowmaking but logistically just doesnt make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    Why do you people want expansion? They already have arguably the best terrain in all categories in New England, along with a great lift system to serve it. Getting bored? Try somewhere else - too much acreage is not only hard to cover with snowmaking but logistically just doesnt make sense.
    Not necessarily saying they need one, but it’s always a fun topic to discuss. At some point, could be another 30 or so years, but an expansion will occur, especially since there really hasn’t been anything since the 1970s.

Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    Why do you people want expansion? They already have arguably the best terrain in all categories in New England, along with a great lift system to serve it. Getting bored? Try somewhere else - too much acreage is not only hard to cover with snowmaking but logistically just doesnt make sense.
    Sidecountry/tree skiing expansion. Low budget: no trails, no snowmaking, no grooming. Just thinning. Think MRG off-piste terrain.

7A62C951-2A02-4C30-AC6F-DA973FA1D46E_1_102_o.jpg

This is a topo screenshot of Mt E showing the old planned ski lift above Invermess. If you introduce sidecountry, presumably off the top of Exterm and up the LT north, you have to be careful people don't hike the little ridge spur off the the left/west and drop in on the right side thinking they're inbounds. There is a similar ridge spur on the LT just before Castlerock that has also led people down the back side in error. How do I know this?

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    7A62C951-2A02-4C30-AC6F-DA973FA1D46E_1_102_o.jpg

This is a topo screenshot of Mt E showing the old planned ski lift above Invermess. If you introduce sidecountry, presumably off the top of Exterm and up the LT north, you have to be careful people don't hike the little ridge spur off the the left/west and drop in on the right side thinking they're inbounds. There is a similar ridge spur on the LT just before Castlerock that has also led people down the back side in error. How do I know this?
    Wouldn’t this have caused issues on days with racing on Brambles? Seems pretty cool other than that though.

Thread Information