The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 657

AlpineZone

Page 657 of 812 FirstFirst ... 157557607647655656657658659667707757 ... LastLast
Results 6,561 to 6,570 of 8114
    Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    NYSEG charges significantly more/less for electrical power at Thunder Ridge depending on the time of day... and we're smack in the middle of suburban NY. So it's definitely not a rural/MRV thing. It's more expensive in the day and at night it's a lot cheaper as demand drops off. This is at least my understanding of it.
    That's still a little different than a power company outright saying "stop using power during these specific hours on this particular day since we anticipate unusually high demand" though.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Glad this person skis at SB and not K.
    He needs to go back to wherever he came from. He is clearly not a SB skier.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    An hour away is a big difference. Wasn't Killington previously covered by CVPS before the merger with GMP? So the grids/infrastructure covering the MRV vs K could be vastly different. Even if they had both been from the same company, the grids could still be significantly more robust in the K area since it is a much more populated area than the MRV. I've always wondered though if other ski areas had curtailments as well or whether it was just something to do with a lack of capacity specifically within the MRV.
    Bingo. As you said, Killington was on the now-former CVPS whereas GMP provides electricity to the MRV. Different systems, different markets, different deals that were negotiated. Killington also was the 500 lb gorilla for CVPS along with Sister Mount Snow. Now of course both CVPS and GMP are one. I won't comment any further on that travesty other than to say that once again Vermont shows that while it talks about local control when the rubber hits the road big money calls the shots and monopolies rule the state in various industries.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I'm out boys. I am going to be on first chair tomorrow to reap whatever comes. Good luck with your poet Laurent friend here. LOL
    How is it up there? Sitting in the valley and it's all frozen rain.

Quote Originally Posted by SlidebrookB7 View Post
    O how I dream at night of riding the glorious Slidebrook lift into the heady azure sky, light the color of rich honey streaming from the morning sun. The chair, like an iron cradle, sweeps me swiftly through the cold alpine air above a pure white snowpack. I ride like a god, fire in my blood as I survey infinity in all directions, and lo! I can feel the world tremble before me. My soul is free and unfettered as I am raised immortal in spirit, liberated from all that is earthly and base. Transcendence is mine for I am not on the lowly bus, that sooty tool of the devil. And I be not alone! No, I share these deepest moments of meaning with my dearest friends, "NE Chairlifts & Skiing" and MilanYVR. They share my bliss, and our hearts beat as one. We three, speeding over majestic towers, have magnificence in our grasp. Is it not too much to ask that the ride never end?
    Encore!

Sweet morning dense sleet/snow did not get wet lots of laps got chopped and crowded amazing stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    if its not groomed. im doomed!!!!:

Quote Originally Posted by STREETSKIER View Post
    Sweet morning dense sleet/snow did not get wet lots of laps got chopped and crowded amazing stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just the type of snow we needed. We feared an inversion but that did not happen at least at the Summit - maybe higher up. The first runs of the day were buttery and the snow is bonding well. It is getting chopped up as the crowd builds. It should all groom in well tonight and it now looks like snow will possibly continue into Wednesday. Early tracks tomorrow will be worth it.

3 to 4 inches of sleet. Actually skied great. I was on the first chair and skied steins. What a difference a day makes. Went up HG 3rd chair and it was a little different up there. The warm air must have moved in over night for a period of time as there was a coating of freezing rain from the top down to about spills. It did break up with skier traffic. Paradise skied great until skier traffic did its damage. I had a great half day.

I know it's just Monday, but what's the prevailing thought on this weekend. Saturday doesn't look good. I was planning to come up (5.5 hours) with my 17 year old daughter. But if it's gonna be rain on Saturday, I'll never hear the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec142 View Post
    I know it's just Monday, but what's the prevailing thought on this weekend. Saturday doesn't look good. I was planning to come up (5.5 hours) with my 17 year old daughter. But if it's gonna be rain on Saturday, I'll never hear the end of it.
    Unfortunately, my iPhone weather forecast says rain Fri 39˚ and rain Sat too 42˚. Subject to change though - stay tuned. Think snow.

Thread Information