The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 662

AlpineZone

Page 662 of 811 FirstFirst ... 162562612652660661662663664672712762 ... LastLast
Results 6,611 to 6,620 of 8106
    On the other hand, the guy could have just stepped aside and let them pass.

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryIsaacs View Post
    This uncourteous behavior is not something new with Suugarbush.

Every time ive skied there I get the worst sense of entitlement from the skiers which sucks because the employees, mountain setup and terrain are all top notch. I was there last year when a grown man physically fought a 13 year old kid in the lift line and I am now seriously contemplating trying out Bolton Valley or MRG instead on my yearly NVT trip this year.

Ive never seen so many goretex wearing NE skiing hardos in my life. 4 inches of snow doesnt give you the right to run through people like bowling pins just so you can "get yours"........
    I don't want to discount your experience. However, these kind of posts crack me up. Your data subset is so small as to be statistically insignificant. Not to mention that your data set is subject to your feelings. I would counter your comments with, I regularly drive 90 minutes further north than I have to just to ski at SB for multiple reasons. One of them is that I find the skiers to be kind, courteous and talented. What does this show? It shows that it's easy to have the exact opposite experience when analyzing poor data.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    On the other hand, the guy could have just stepped aside and let them pass.
    Do you think it's okay for someone who's acting like a jerk to get his way (aka passing the guy who was pushed)? There is no "on the other hand" when it comes to someone pushing down another person to get by. None. Maybe the guy should have stepped aside but that doesn't make the aggressors behavior acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec142 View Post
    I don't want to discount your experience. However, these kind of posts crack me up. Your data subset is so small as to be statistically insignificant. Not to mention that your data set is subject to your feelings. I would counter your comments with, I regularly drive 90 minutes further north than I have to just to ski at SB for multiple reasons. One of them is that I find the skiers to be kind, courteous and talented. What does this show? It shows that it's easy to have the exact opposite experience when analyzing poor data.
    Agreed...I'm a 40+ day a year skier at SB (and from January-closing day those days are pretty much weekends only). I've rarely seen any rude behavior from the skiers at SB. I'm sure it happens from time to time (as it does probably at almost all major resorts), however the vast majority of skiers I've interacted with have been exactly as you describe. As for the specific incident mentioned in the previous post, if my memory serves me correct, that person was essentially banned from SB after that incident (and wasn't a passholder).

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Agreed...I'm a 40+ day a year skier at SB (and from January-closing day those days are pretty much weekends only). I've rarely seen any rude behavior from the skiers at SB. I'm sure it happens from time to time (as it does probably at almost all major resorts), however the vast majority of skiers I've interacted with have been exactly as you describe. As for the specific incident mentioned in the previous post, if my memory serves me correct, that person was essentially banned from SB after that incident (and wasn't a passholder).
    +1.

Quote Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
    Do you think it's okay for someone who's acting like a jerk to get his way (aka passing the guy who was pushed)? There is no "on the other hand" when it comes to someone pushing down another person to get by. None. Maybe the guy should have stepped aside but that doesn't make the aggressors behavior acceptable.
    I was actually there, literally behind these two, and your description is not what happened at all. Nobody got pushed down. Frankly the guy in front did not have his skis on and the guy behind did and was ready to go. The skiers that were waiting for friends were standing aside and the guy behind with his GF asked if he could pass and the guy in front said, "yes, I do mind, I was here first." To which the guy behind pointed out the other's skis were not on and tried make his way past. The first guy blocked his way, made a big fuss and put his skis on and went first.

2 minutes later, the guy in front was complaining to patrol in the shack when the guy who tried to push past walked in and totally apologized. In the end the air was clear and all was good. Frankly, the guy who tried to get past totally took responsibility and was quite honorable.

Probably, both guys acted out of character and regret the whole thing.

Complaining to Patrol? Haha what a baby. Not seeing how this is the 2nd guyís fault. Whatís the harm in someone going first if youíre not ready?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryIsaacs View Post
    This uncourteous behavior is not something new with Suugarbush.

Every time ive skied there I get the worst sense of entitlement from the skiers which sucks because the employees, mountain setup and terrain are all top notch. I was there last year when a grown man physically fought a 13 year old kid in the lift line and I am now seriously contemplating trying out Bolton Valley or MRG instead on my yearly NVT trip this year.

Ive never seen so many goretex wearing NE skiing hardos in my life. 4 inches of snow doesnt give you the right to run through people like bowling pins just so you can "get yours"........
    There is no denying there are plenty of people with the entitled, Godís gift to skiing attitude at Sugarbush, especially on a powder day. Now that I think of it, plenty of people on here have that attitude. Guess thatís why this thread gets so much action!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Amazing what a feeding frenzy happens when it snows
    Today was really good light crowds super snow , looks like north lynx next ? Tomorrow ? Or sat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    if its not groomed. im doomed!!!!:

The "Sugarbush Thread"

[QUOTE=Griswold;1032530]There is no denying there are plenty of people with the entitled, Godís gift to skiing attitude at Sugarbush, especially on a powder day. Now that I think of it, plenty of people on here have that attitude. Guess thatís why this thread gets so much action!

Sent from my iPhone using [url=http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73733]AlpineZone

Actually pretty passionate group both here and on the mountain Which is cool
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    if its not groomed. im doomed!!!!:

Thread Information