The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 663

AlpineZone

Page 663 of 811 FirstFirst ... 163563613653661662663664665673713763 ... LastLast
Results 6,621 to 6,630 of 8108
    I was just a kid when I first started skiing here I came over from mad river one spring , skiing at north those years they were battling Killy I met a bunch of locals and skied fis and a ribbon down looking good or hike to elbow
    . One of the guys asked me my name he looked at me and said you have to get a pass here I spent the spring (may)with this crew and took his advice that was 40 years ago the skier was John Egan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    if its not groomed. im doomed!!!!:

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    I was actually there, literally behind these two, and your description is not what happened at all. Nobody got pushed down. Frankly the guy in front did not have his skis on and the guy behind did and was ready to go. The skiers that were waiting for friends were standing aside and the guy behind with his GF asked if he could pass and the guy in front said, "yes, I do mind, I was here first." To which the guy behind pointed out the other's skis were not on and tried make his way past. The first guy blocked his way, made a big fuss and put his skis on and went first.

2 minutes later, the guy in front was complaining to patrol in the shack when the guy who tried to push past walked in and totally apologized. In the end the air was clear and all was good. Frankly, the guy who tried to get past totally took responsibility and was quite honorable.

Probably, both guys acted out of character and regret the whole thing.
    My apologies, ducky. I read it quickly and missed "just about" with regard to him being pushed. Sorry for the confusion. With your description of what happened I agree, the guy should have moved over.

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    There is no denying there are plenty of people with the entitled, God’s gift to skiing attitude at Sugarbush, especially on a powder day. Now that I think of it, plenty of people on here have that attitude. Guess that’s why this thread gets so much action!
    It gets a lot of action because of how great the mountain is. The attitude you speak of is more prevalent up at Stowe, IMO, but it's also being expressed more in general. People feeling entitled isn't anything new but what IS new is that in the current culture people seem to think you can say and do rude things without getting in trouble. I don't want to go into politics here

It's a sign of the times and the dearth of snow doesn't help.
    Being considerate doesn't involve politics.
    It's just the right thing to do.
    You want to see some rude skiers, hit Europe sometime.
    Sugarbush is pretty tame.

Cant wait to ski birch tomorrow

This is all very foreign to me. I have never seen any of these tactics on my way to Castlerock and I have gone there at least 2 or 3 times a weekend for the past few weeks not to mention past years. I would bet that the people that had the attitude were not from the valley. Most people here are very courteous and friendly. Also this whole entitlement thing it do not understand. I think that people that come here and draw these kinds of conclusions, do so because they have a predetermined perception. I came here 15 years ago and was taken in immediately by the community. Now I know probably 50% of the regulars by name and probably another 25% by face. My perception is that this valley is way more friendly than any other area I have skied. Places like Killington, Stowe and several of the NY areas I skied were more like that to me but In general I just ignore Assholes and ski away. I am not in the mountains to deal with people like that.

From today's snow report...

Castlerock is open for hiking from Paradise 10AM - 3PM. Be respectful of other travelers. The route via the Long Trail is narrow. Please step to the side and allow faster folks to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    From today's snow report...

Castlerock is open for hiking from Paradise 10AM - 3PM. Be respectful of other travelers. The route via the Long Trail is narrow. Please step to the side and allow faster folks to pass.
    This is proper Long Trail hiking etiquette. Should apply regardless of season.
    2018/19 = 36
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Quote Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
    It gets a lot of action because of how great the mountain is. The attitude you speak of is more prevalent up at Stowe, IMO, but it's also being expressed more in general. People feeling entitled isn't anything new but what IS new is that in the current culture people seem to think you can say and do rude things without getting in trouble. I don't want to go into politics here
    I hiked it 2x today, it was crowded in the morning but people were nothing but courteous. This has been my experience for the past 20 years. The only time people get snarky with each other is on this board. Lift line skied great. A little sticky at the bottom, especially on the run out, but a small price to pay IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh so good to be out there today! Paradise was especially fun. I was thinking of hiking to Castlerock just for the fun of cursing abusively and shoving people in my way into the snow, but well you can't do everything in one day

3 labs today on Castlerock. Middle Earth, Lift Line and then liftline- hi-lo-castlerock-cotillion-cats paw-liftline finsh. Run of the day.........Liftline! really good snow.

Thread Information