The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 697

AlpineZone

Page 697 of 811 FirstFirst ... 197597647687695696697698699707747797 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,970 of 8106
    A buddy of mine says SB was a sh*t show today. Horrible lift lines, super crowded trails, overrun lodges. He said everyone was talking IKON on the lift. Anyone else have any observations to report?

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Quote Originally Posted by Orca View Post
    A buddy of mine says SB was a sh*t show today. Horrible lift lines, super crowded trails, overrun lodges. He said everyone was talking IKON on the lift. Anyone else have any observations to report?
    It was busy. No woods in play and very thin natural trails had all the traffic on the groomers. Layer in the report that GMX would be down and I think you had some extra stress. But sh!t show. Thatís a stretch. I got a bunch of skiing in before 10. Lines were long between 10-1. But never outrageous. I think people just like to B!tch. I went to Rumbles $20 all you can eat and got a table for 7 at noon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MorningWoods View Post
    It was busy. No woods in play and very thin natural trails had all the traffic on the groomers. Layer in the report that GMX would be down and I think you had some extra stress. But sh!t show. Thatís a stretch. I got a bunch of skiing in before 10. Lines were long between 10-1. But never outrageous. I think people just like to B!tch. I went to Rumbles $20 all you can eat and got a table for 7 at noon.

Agree with this. I think the fact that gmx planned to be down definitely shifted some extra people to LP. Lines were long by sugarbush standards, but I still never waited more than 10 minutes even so. Getting woods in play will definitely help disburse crowds better too.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

How are woods not in play? Mad river is fully open and I was skiing strattons woods yesterday. They were a little thin but totally skiable with rock skis.

Worst thing about Lincoln peak is that most woods are so low elevation except for heavens gate... I’d assume the mount Ellen woods are fine?

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    How are woods not in play? Mad river is fully open and I was skiing strattons woods yesterday. They were a little thin but totally skiable with rock skis.

Worst thing about Lincoln peak is that most woods are so low elevation except for heavens gate... Iíd assume the mount Ellen woods are fine?
    Not in play for vast majority of people that donít carry multiple pairs of skis or have the skills to navigate thin cover. I knew when I posted that there would be a flurry of posts about how ďIím skiing the woodsĒ. I just donít think that is a representative sample of the people you need to ski in the woods to thin the traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    How are woods not in play? Mad river is fully open
    I had that exact same question. I'm sure they're skiable..
    2019/2020 season

Berkshire East [12/20, 1/7, 1/10, 1/22, 1/24]
    Bretton Woods [1/3, 1/30]
    Cannon [2/19]
    Gunstock [1/2]
    Mad River Glen [1/29, 2/11]
    Magic [3/1, 3/8]
    Mount Snow [11/14, 11/21, 12/2]
    Pico [2/23]
    Smugglers Notch [2/12]
    Wachusett [12/16]

Quote Originally Posted by MorningWoods View Post
    Not in play for vast majority of people that donít carry multiple pairs of skis or have the skills to navigate thin cover. I knew when I posted that there would be a flurry of posts about how ďIím skiing the woodsĒ. I just donít think that is a representative sample of the people you need to ski in the woods to thin the traffic.

Completely agree with you. Thereís a distinct difference between being skiable for the hardcore tree skiers vs being enjoyable enough for normal people to the point where it gets people off the trails. I was in the woods a bit both yesterday and today. I donít blame most people at all for not being in there. I donít like having to be quite that cautious. Definitely thin and lots of things to watch out for. Iím sure higher elevations are better, but those are also tighter at LP so they donít pull in as wide of an audience.

Usually I see tons of people going into and coming out of the woods. I didnít see that yesterday so that tells me Iím not exactly crazy and neither is morningwoods.

Ps...we really lucked out with this storm I think. Skiing very well today. This denser stuff is good for the base. Also empty out here compared to yesterday. And yet conditions are better. Go figure...

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Woods are always in play they just suck and only an idiot would ski them thsnks

Last edited by STREETSKIER; Jan 26, 2020 at 1:20 PM.
    if its not groomed. im doomed!!!!:

Woods right now are a mixed bag. Snowpack is thin. Depends on the woods.

You'll have the most fun if you are willing to let your skis get acquainted with rocks, logs, dirt, and moss. It is that type of January.

None of the locals are in the woods yet. Even the skimo groups are staying away. Patrol doesn't want to be in there either.

Thread Information