The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 698

AlpineZone

Page 698 of 811 FirstFirst ... 198598648688696697698699700708748798 ... LastLast
Results 6,971 to 6,980 of 8108
    Let me get ahead of rumors. Starting tomorrow we will be running Inverness instead of GMX on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday instead of GMX. It will open at 8am as will Northridge. As you know the lift was struck by lightning this summer and neither Poma nor their subcontractor AB&B has come up with a solution. As you know we have been running on diesel since opening day. However, this is stressing the lift, and we do not like transporting diesel fuel up the mountain every day risking a spill. If we can not get a solution we will plan to install a drive. In the meantime running GMX three days less each day is a good solution. We understand that we are adding some minutes to accessing the upper mountain, but that can be done as you know by riding Inverness and taking Northridge Expressway over to the Northridge chair. Having Northridge open a 8am means you only have to ride Inverness once if you wish. We will clear GMX every day as a back-up. We apologize for this but we think it is the best solution in the near term when we have the lightest visitations at ME.

Quote Originally Posted by WinS View Post
    we have been running on diesel since opening day. However, this is stressing the lift, and we do not like transporting diesel fuel up the mountain every day risking a spill.
    Curious how many gallons of diesel per day does it take to run a lift?
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by STREETSKIER View Post
    Woods ate always in play they just suck and only an idiot would ski them thsnks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hear Hughy's is deep and ready! LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by WinS View Post
    Let me get ahead of rumors. Starting tomorrow we will be running Inverness instead of GMX on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday instead of GMX. It will open at 8am as will Northridge. As you know the lift was struck by lightning this summer and neither Poma nor their subcontractor AB&B has come up with a solution. As you know we have been running on diesel since opening day. However, this is stressing the lift, and we do not like transporting diesel fuel up the mountain every day risking a spill. If we can not get a solution we will plan to install a drive. In the meantime running GMX three days less each day is a good solution. We understand that we are adding some minutes to accessing the upper mountain, but that can be done as you know by riding Inverness and taking Northridge Expressway over to the Northridge chair. Having Northridge open a 8am means you only have to ride Inverness once if you wish. We will clear GMX every day as a back-up. We apologize for this but we think it is the best solution in the near term when we have the lightest visitations at ME.
    That's cool really a minor inconvenience IMO... nice to have a back up plan that works
    2019/2020 season

Berkshire East [12/20, 1/7, 1/10, 1/22, 1/24]
    Bretton Woods [1/3, 1/30]
    Cannon [2/19]
    Gunstock [1/2]
    Mad River Glen [1/29, 2/11]
    Magic [3/1, 3/8]
    Mount Snow [11/14, 11/21, 12/2]
    Pico [2/23]
    Smugglers Notch [2/12]
    Wachusett [12/16]

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Curious how many gallons of diesel per day does it take to run a lift?
    Approximately 100. GMX has two diesel motors. That is why we are able to run it and at about the same speed as on electical. One motor runs the lift and the other is the auxiliary.

The "Sugarbush Thread"

I dont care where you ski or what you ski on Go for itISent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    if its not groomed. im doomed!!!!:

Quote Originally Posted by STREETSKIER View Post
    I don’t care where you ski or what you ski on I don’t like trashing my gear I use it too much it’s the weekend chumps pounding the bare ground and then bragging about it there has not has been safe or decent tree skiing yet
    you already posted "only an idiot would ski them". Again, MRG has 100% terrain open next door with zero snowmaking. Maybe you're not a great technical skier in the woods... that's fine
    2019/2020 season

Berkshire East [12/20, 1/7, 1/10, 1/22, 1/24]
    Bretton Woods [1/3, 1/30]
    Cannon [2/19]
    Gunstock [1/2]
    Mad River Glen [1/29, 2/11]
    Magic [3/1, 3/8]
    Mount Snow [11/14, 11/21, 12/2]
    Pico [2/23]
    Smugglers Notch [2/12]
    Wachusett [12/16]

Mrg skiers are skiing crap go see for yourself g

I bet Im more technical than you any day anywhere

yup there’s been no safe or decent tree skiing this season...E30F017A-8AC6-403A-966F-3FC1A42F88E9.jpg

Thread Information