The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 714

AlpineZone

Page 714 of 812 FirstFirst ... 214614664704712713714715716724764 ... LastLast
Results 7,131 to 7,140 of 8114
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    We were probably among the first dozen or so tracks down Castlerock Run Saturday morning and probably close to a foot of fresh overnight was what we experienced. Conditions held up nicely for yesterday at MRG. I think it was the first bluebird morning I've had there and with the fresh snow it was something special. Great weekend!
    The head of patrol and I were the first �� and that is where we took a measurement. It was a good foot! Glad you got out this weekend.

I think I found Slidebrook! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=283G2x8_T-M
    Does anyone else find it ridiculous how he bashes Win for no reason? It is totally disrespectful. If he is going to do it, atleast say it to his face and not make rude comments behind his back. He literally attacks Win so often... Now I do not know if this is him, but considering all the sugarbush lift videos, many of which criticizing Win, I am going to assume it is. Win is a highly intelligent, qualified resort president, and this person needs to stop. If you want to talk lousy management, look at Vail at many of their recently purchased resorts. Constant mechanical issues, deceptive marketing, etc.

Look at the video description for this and many other vides of his...

. Sweet day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if its not groomed. im doomed!!!!:

Skied at mount Ellen today. Snow was great but visibility basically at the top of Inverness was rather challenging. Exterminator and semi tough woods were great

Win, heard last Saturday could have been a record? Hope all went well. Looks like it might be set up to be a great Presidents weekend.
    2018/19 = 36
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Quote Originally Posted by SkierDude View Post
    I think I found Slidebrook! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=283G2x8_T-M
    Does anyone else find it ridiculous how he bashes Win for no reason? It is totally disrespectful. If he is going to do it, atleast say it to his face and not make rude comments behind his back. He literally attacks Win so often... Now I do not know if this is him, but considering all the sugarbush lift videos, many of which criticizing Win, I am going to assume it is. Win is a highly intelligent, qualified resort president, and this person needs to stop. If you want to talk lousy management, look at Vail at many of their recently purchased resorts. Constant mechanical issues, deceptive marketing, etc.

Look at the video description for this and many other vides of his...
    He is actually a very nice young man who is passionate about lifts. He does a lot of research and knows a great deal. He means very well and enjoys Sugarbush a lot. We were all young once and learn along the way. I am not at all offended. I admire his passion

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    Win, heard last Saturday could have been a record? Hope all went well. Looks like it might be set up to be a great Presidents weekend.
    Nope, but a very busy day. Powder days brings ‘em out and we missed the icings others had south of us. Having SB and CR spinning now and the woods skiing well really helps on a busy day. I am sure Saturday and Sunday will be very busy. Early turns are what to do.

Also took my yearly trek down lower fis, snow was ok but run out was rough as usual

Yes that was my video. I was not trying to bash Win in any way, but I was talking about how Slide Brook has changed since the 90s. Win and I get along well and I hope to continue that. Much of this is just stating ideas that I hope can happen in the future of Sugarbush and problems as a skier that I have noticed. I’ll be skiing with some friends this weekend so it will be nice to have the crowds spread out a bit with Slide Brook running. More people are riding it this season than I have ever seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by rocks860 View Post
    Also took my yearly trek down lower fis, snow was ok but run out was rough as usual

Last time I skied it the conditions were amazing. I can't decide what's my favorite run at Sugarbush, but Lower FIS is in the top 5 for sure. Recently I found the history of why that runout is there. Pretty interesting to think that it used to be a regulation length race course back in the Glen Ellen days. Surprised the rest wasn't cut some time in the 80s or 90s.

Thread Information