• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Newpylong

Highly disagree with everything you say up here. What about buying a used Tbar. Also the run is not that long. You can do it for less that $1M. And when the line at Gate house is 20+ minutes long which it has been all year long this year, that T-Bar would not be the most popular lift to get to you slidebrook or North links? You are wrong. That is very logistical and totally worth it.

There are very few if any used decent T-Bars available to acquire and re-install. Most of them are old Halls sitting on NELSAP hills out of service for 20-30 years. That is a 3500' lift, once you build a new liftline, acquire and install the lift, they'll be in for a million easy. Do the comparisons. We put in a 800' used T-bar on an existing liftline that cost $150,000. Act 250 permitting on cutting a new line would be a nightmare. Not to mention this would be a lift that starts nowhere and has no lapping ability. A project with very little/no ROI.

Last edited:

Hawk

how about something like this.....
Annotation 2020-03-06 102010.jpg
A small trail off of Gondolier over to it so traffic from the Bravo side can ski directly over. Or you could ski Header I guess.

Hawk

Actually put the t bar base right at the bottom of Header so that the line does not affect Sleeper. The return on investment is shorter lines at Gate house.

nhskier1969

You don't think an inexpensive T bar from the intersection of Castlerock Runout / Gondolier to the flat at the top of gatehouse Quad would relieve a ton of pressure off the gatehouse lift once the lodge is installed? I think you are being silly.

They could get a used double someplace. It's only going up about 400-500 vertical.

Hawk

They could get a used double someplace. It's only going up about 400-500 vertical.

Sure that also. What lift is slated to be replaced next. Use parts from whatever lift that is. Make the lift line a new trail and also you could ski Castlerock Connector / Castlerock run-out as a new beginner trail! There you go everything solved. LOL

TSQURD

Pass Add-ons

I can't seem to figure out how to purchase any of the Pass Add-ons. Wasn't given any options on the ikon site, other than the pass insurance. The SB site will link you back to the ikon site to purchase an adult pass. Looks like the only way to get the add-ons is with a SB specific pass (young adult, 80+, or under 4). Not sure if Im missing something or if there is a bug in the site.

Has anyone been able to purchase an Add-on with the Ikon?

Hawk

We did this yesterday. We bought the IKON Pass online and then called the pass office at Sugarbush and did it over the phone because we could not figure that portion out on line.

rocks860

Lovely, that means rock hard misery tomorrow. Fingers crossed the temp goes up a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkiingInABlueDream

Yeah that's why I wear nylon/poly running pants with zipper bottoms to fit over the boots over my underwear and under my ski pants on ski days.

Perfectly comfortable to drive in there and back and I don't have to expose myself in the lodge (always thinking of the women and children). If it's a really warm spring day I can just ditch the ski pants altogether.

Ha! At the end of a day I usually change completely out of my ski gear into comfortable street clothes for the drive home. I turn whichever direction in the lodge feels least crowded when I’m actually shirtless and pantless... out of respect for the kids mostly🤣

Edd

Huh? Disagree completely about Mansfield vs Mt Ellen base lodges. I’m not saying I mind the ME lodge just that IMO Mansfield is the better.

Why? In my memory, Mansfield may have more space for changing into ski gear but the bar setup at ME is way better. Haven’t been to both in years and I’m not a pro about either place.

ThinkSnow

Ha! At the end of a day I usually change completely out of my ski gear into comfortable street clothes for the drive home. I turn whichever direction in the lodge feels least crowded when I’m actually shirtless and pantless... out of respect for the kids mostly藍
BTW in case you were not aware, Gatehouse lower bag storage has 2 completely private changing rooms.

WinS

Check the GMVS link. I believe they are replacing one of their surface lifts.

Yes, they are. Planning a new Poma from the base up to the plateau. Scheduled for this summer. It will follow the same line as the existing one. It will just come down lower.

SkiingInABlueDream

Why? In my memory, Mansfield may have more space for changing into ski gear but the bar setup at ME is way better. Haven’t been to both in years and I’m not a pro about either place.

Ok I agree about the bar situation. But in every other aspect I stand by my previous statement. That said I wouldn’t use the Mansfield BL for lunch even if it were free.