Jay Peak bombshell - Page 151

AlpineZone

Page 151 of 151 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1510
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobbold View Post
    Not to sound stupid, but who is bill Stenger?
    None other than Mr. Jay Peak himself.

https://vtdigger.org/?s=Bill+Stenger

https://vtdigger.org/tag/bill-stenger/
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Well there's an interesting plot twist.

Not good for Stenger.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

yeah especially since Stenger's camp didn't know about it...

Still hard to believe he got himself wrapped up in this mess
    2019-2020

Ski Visits in PA 38
    Ski Visits in VT 6
    Ski Visits in CO 4

Total Ski Visits 48

With Quiros pleading guilty, we will likely learn the details of this mess. Whether this is good (or not) for Stenger remains to be seen.

One thing is sure, Jay Peak is now in a terrible position for the upcoming winter. There is a high likelihood that border travel will be affected throughout the next ski season and Jay Peak has got to be US ski resort most dependent on Canadian business. Even if the US allow border crossings at land points in the near future, this will be moot as long as the quarantine order remains in effect on the Canadian side. And I now can't see this happening before 2021 at the best.

Looks like I might try to rent my Jay Peak condo for the upcoming season. Since I cant use my car, looks like I will have to fly into Boston, rent a truck, and drive into Jay Peak to clear my personal gear, and then go through a 14 days quarantine. This is ridiculous considering I could drive in and out without stopping anywhere (even for cheap gas).

Anybody interested in a ski in ski out seasonal rental ?

Quote Originally Posted by fbrissette View Post
    With Quiros pleading guilty, we will likely learn the details of this mess. Whether this is good (or not) for Stenger remains to be seen.
    Ohhhhhhh......not. So, very, very not.

This is like reading 264 pages of a 300 page novel, and years later we're now finally going to read the last 36 pages.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Ohhhhhhh......not. So, very, very not.

This is like reading 264 pages of a 300 page novel, and years later we're now finally going to read the last 36 pages.
    Those last pages are gonna be real good me thinks.

I don’t see how this is terribly bad for Stenger. Stenger cooperated from the outset and, in all likelihood, Quiros is pleading guilty because Stenger cooperated.

Stenger will get the benefit of his cooperation when it comes time for his sentencing.

In federal criminal law it is usually a race to see who turns first. Stenger won that race.

I don’t see how this is terribly bad for Stenger. Stenger cooperated from the outset and, in all likelihood, Quiros is pleading guilty because Stenger cooperated.

Stenger will get the benefit of his cooperation when it comes time for his sentencing.

In federal criminal law it is usually a race to see who turns first. Stenger won that race.

A lot depends on the deal Stegner has. Did he cooperate with a deal to be no longer prosecuted in the future? Is there new information that was not disclosed that could void any agreements? Was the laundering of money? There are a lot of questions!

I know a restaurant owner of a small restaurant that all of a sudden has been able to own two houses. Has all kinds of man toys and is living large even in the depths of COVID.

Businesses all over are handling dirty money and Jay Peak would have been perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Thread Information