• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

WinS

I know that there was some talk of installing snowmaking at the base of CR lift. Has that happen or is it still in the plan?

Maybe some day. Has not been the highest priority but now that power lines are gone might be more feasible.

machski

Maybe some day. Has not been the highest priority but now that power lines are gone might be more feasible.
If this gets considered, consider running the line up to about tower 3 on Liftline. Always seems like that tower and below on Liftline tends to run the thinnest once the lift turns while the balance of CR pod holds snow quite well. It's the only section I've ever wished for snowmaking assistance in CR.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

thetrailboss

Staff member
If this gets considered, consider running the line up to about tower 3 on Liftline. Always seems like that tower and below on Liftline tends to run the thinnest once the lift turns while the balance of CR pod holds snow quite well. It's the only section I've ever wished for snowmaking assistance in CR.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

IIRC that was the plan.

HowieT2

I hope Jason kills it with pizza soul in what should be be called the mehurons food court. He makes a great pizza. Always did back to his days at the gatehouse. I havent tried the ramen place yet but there are some seriously good eats there.

I happened to stop in to infinite sports last week and it didnt appear to be doing so well. strange for a ski shop to have no skis

so after affirming how nice and courteous skiers were at sugarbush, I had karma bite me in the ass.
I came down downspout in the afternoon on friday, all the way skiers right and made a sharp left turn to the corral for heavens gate. There were a few people standing by the corral but the lift was ski on. I saw an older couple standing right before the corral and as I proceeded, they started to slowly move to go down lower downspout, perpendicular to me, into my path. So I went by them and stopped at the entrance to the corral. The older man started yelling at me, that I cut him off, cut his wife off and was out of control. I was standing near his wife and I explained to her that it was kind of an intersection since I was going straight to the lift, and that I was sorry if they were offended but that I didnt make any contact with them. and technically they were the uphill skiers. Then the man, who I would estimate was in his 70's raised his ski pole and started yelling at me that he was going to stick it up my ass. At this point I was standing next to a patroller and we both looked at each other like, wtf? He kept pointing his pole and yelling at me so I approached him and told him to go ahead and try it. We exchanged pleasantries while he continued to menace me with his pole and threaten me verbally. When he finally stopped, I told his wife that she should get her man some anger management. I was kind of upset because I really try to be courteous and didnt want them thinking I wasnt, but it was like the guy had the skiing equivalent to road rage.

cdskier

I hope Jason kills it with pizza soul in what should be be called the mehurons food court. He makes a great pizza. Always did back to his days at the gatehouse. I havent tried the ramen place yet but there are some seriously good eats there.

I hope Jason does well there too. I always tell him he makes better pizza than most places here in NJ!

The Ramen place is great. I checked them out a few weeks ago. Not a lot of seats though (maybe ~20 including the 10 at the bar).

ThinkSnow

I happened to stop in to infinite sports last week and it didnt appear to be doing so well. strange for a ski shop to have no skis
Seth stopped selling skis last season (or the one prior), as he said he couldn't complete with sales online, and was always eating the previous years inventory.

pinnoke

Seth stopped selling skis last season (or the one prior), as he said he couldn't complete with sales online, and was always eating the previous years inventory.

Correct. He was limited to whatever was left on hand (some nice skis...Dynastars and a few Scotts). Seth is a helpful and friendly guy to know is there with quality merchandise. I share the sympathetic feelings for what he'll now be dealing with, and wish him good luck in how he chooses to proceed...which I hope will be to repair, re-stock, and reopen.

Orca

The older man started yelling at me, that I cut him off, cut his wife off...and technically they were the uphill skiers.

I am sick of the "cut me off" excuse that uphill skiers use. Every skier has to expect that a downhill skier might change direction in an unpredictable way, especially since the downhill skier most often cannot see the uphill skier.

It used to be that on the towers of most ski areas were signs that presented the various rules of skiing. It's too bad they've gone away because there is a whole generation missing that basic education.

cdskier

I am sick of the "cut me off" excuse that uphill skiers use. Every skier has to expect that a downhill skier might change direction in an unpredictable way, especially since the downhill skier most often cannot see the uphill skier.

Additionally, Howie said the other skiers were stopped. Skier code says before starting you're supposed to look and not just go. (I see people just start going all the time without looking first).

WinS

Additionally, Howie said the other skiers were stopped. Skier code says before starting you're supposed to look and not just go. (I see people just start going all the time without looking first).

We do have the code posted in a number of areas and have safety messages on the towers on Bravo and GH, but sounds like we could use more. This is NSAA safety month and we are trying raise awareness with a number of initiatives.

WinS

I hope Jason does well there too. I always tell him he makes better pizza than most places here in NJ!

The Ramen place is great. I checked them out a few weeks ago. Not a lot of seats though (maybe ~20 including the 10 at the bar).

I too tried Ramen for the first time and enjoyed it a lot. Echo the sentiment about Jason. He did a great job for us in the GH for several years.

Greg

Staff member
Bagging this weekend and rescheduled for 2/8-9...

cdskier

Update from the VSP Fire Inspector on the Infinite Sports fire:

The origin of the fire was determined to be at a wooden countertop where several electronic devices were plugged in, to include a cash register, computer with monitor, power strips, and some lithium battery charging ports. The cause of the fire is undetermined but is directly related to some sort of electrical malfunction/issue at the wooden countertop. The entire inventory of the ski shop is considered a total loss and the dollar value amount is yet to be determined; there were no deaths or injuries. The business structure is salvageable but will need extensive cleanup from the heavy soot deposits and fire damage along with the melting of the electrical wires and any plastics/rubber. Many of the business in the building were already back in operation within a few hours while some may require some repairs before they open again.

cdskier

Is it too much to ask to have a winter that sticks around. And why do these rain events always seem to fall on the weekend and pour salt in the wound?! Sux

Seriously...I just love sitting at my desk at work seeing photos of constant snow and great conditions mid-week knowing that they will likely be screwed up by the time the weekend rolls around!

Base_consolidation

Is it too much to ask to have a winter that sticks around. And why do these rain events always seem to fall on the weekend and pour salt in the wound?! Sux

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoping this leads to base consolidation and not elimination [emoji53][emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk