The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 12

AlpineZone

Page 12 of 578 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112512 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 5773
  1. #111

    Re: Sugarbush Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    Has this thread become the new Sugarbush RSN forum? Should we start a "Wachusett" and/or "Adirondacks" thread?
    Yes, maybe and no?

    Hopefully you don't mind a little extra traffic? Most of us were here beforehand, but the RSN forum going frozen when the Mad River Forum has gone missing leads to little in the way of options in the way of skiing threads.

    This thread just gives us a way to keep things about Sugarbush and the area sorta confined. If it is a problem, I think I can come up with another forum. Just that the others are much less based on outdoor activities and get... a little more out there in topics, if you know what I mean.

    And besides... Trailboss started it!
    No, you are all welcome! It's great to see that we can continue discussions about SB and the Valley without Ghostie and his buddies going on a rant about something else

    I saw some familiar faces, so figured we'd keep the SB discussion going...why stop a good thing? I've heard a lot of compliments about this thread and heck, you can see there is a lot of interest.

    Feel free to keep it going on this thread or to start other threads (i.e. "Lincoln Peak Progress" or "Castlerock Lovers only")

    I'm a little late to the party but I'm glad I found you guys here at AZ! This thread is great. I'm glad we got rid of the Whiteface boys.

    As for the 4th, I liked having the fireworks the night before because otherwise, I would have missed them (as someone else has already said).

    Cheers!

  2. #112
    Lostone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sugarbush, Vermont
    Posts
    588
    Actually, most of Ghosty's stuff didn't really bother me, or the other guys either. The problem was on that format any amount of banter would push other posts off the board. I just thought it was bad for worthwhile posts to get pushed off by 7th grade drivel.

    (But how do you really feel, Jim?)

    In a format such as this one, they could have their own thread and stay out of everyone else's way.

    I expect that if the RSN line is ever restarted, it will be in a format similar to this one. I only know of one board that is not in a similar format.
    .
    .
    Look! Up in the sky!


    .

  3. #113
    Does anyone else have issues with Sugarbush's exorbitant season pass prices? I just graduated from college and am looking to get my first full adult season pass. While I paid $300 for my Sugarbush pass during college now they want me to pay over $1000. No other resort comes even close to that. While I love Sugarbush, I can get a Smuggs pass for $300 and cannot afford the $1000 for the Bush. That's over a $700 difference. Jay is also significantly less for a full adult pass. Even Stowe, who is known for ripping skiers off is around the same level for a full adult pass and they offer a young adult pass for $700 or $800. It seems to me that Sugarbush would benefit greatly by following Stowe's lead in this category to try and attract the recent college graduates who will someday make enough money to afford that $1000 season pass but are living on limited means for now.
    Fear should be treated like fire - it's a good thing that can keep you warm but it can also burn down the house

  4. #114

    single adult prices

    All the years I sold season passes at the Bush it was a bummer not to be able to offer single adults who are not full time college students much of a deal.

    Usually the pricing MO has been to be similar to Stowe.
    If you look at the SP's over the past 6-8 years and compare you will find that Summit is giving people overall a better deal than when the Bush was part of ASC. Remember this was before ASC's All East giveaway.

    I would email Winn Smith as there is always a chance that if enough people advocate for a young adult pass similar to Stowe's you never know. Can't hurt to try.

  5. #115
    Lostone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sugarbush, Vermont
    Posts
    588
    Here's what I did before I bought my condo.

    I would buy a pass at Smuggs and a bronze pass at the bush.

    The bush opens before Smuggs and, unless we have a fantastic start, you'll get better skiing early, there. Then, Smuggs usually closes earlier, too. You still won't be able to ski Saturdays, with the bronze, but you'll be able to get your fix.

    During the season, I did Smuggs on Saturdays and the Bush on Sundays and Mondays.

    It will still cost the same, but you'll get more skiing on more diverse terrain.

    They won't beat the ASC prices, but they'll both beat the asc crowds both with numbers and temperament.

    But I second the idea of sending Winn an email. He does read them. And he sees Stowe as his competition.
    .
    .
    Look! Up in the sky!


    .

  6. #116
    Lostone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sugarbush, Vermont
    Posts
    588
    So, speaking of Claybrook, it appears to me that they are preparing the grounds for the next levels of te development, as well as the one coming.

    All of the trees behind the Gatehouse have been pulled out. The monster that pulled them out left Friday morning.

    They also had a much bigger hole dug at the bottom of Easy Rider, most of which is now filled in. Rumor has it they were digging up the snowmaking pipes and electric, to move them, but that is only a rumor.

    Anyone know anything?
    .
    .
    Look! Up in the sky!


    .

  7. #117
    djspookman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Jericho, VT / Westmoreland, NH
    Posts
    644
    I noticed those trees out behind the Gatehouse as well.. looks like we may finally be able to ski to the super bravo instead of pole-along.

    I heard lots of truck trafic heading up the road this morning, but I don't know anything else as of yet.

  8. #118
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    27,401
    Quote Originally Posted by skibum1321
    Does anyone else have issues with Sugarbush's exorbitant season pass prices? I just graduated from college and am looking to get my first full adult season pass. While I paid $300 for my Sugarbush pass during college now they want me to pay over $1000. No other resort comes even close to that. While I love Sugarbush, I can get a Smuggs pass for $300 and cannot afford the $1000 for the Bush. That's over a $700 difference. Jay is also significantly less for a full adult pass. Even Stowe, who is known for ripping skiers off is around the same level for a full adult pass and they offer a young adult pass for $700 or $800. It seems to me that Sugarbush would benefit greatly by following Stowe's lead in this category to try and attract the recent college graduates who will someday make enough money to afford that $1000 season pass but are living on limited means for now.
    Yep, my concern with them as well and I've been saying it all along...too expensive. Look to Jay, Burke, MRG or even Bolton for passes...SB too expensive IMHO. Good terrain and all, but getting overpriced by day or regular season.

    As for me...I've only been to the 'bush on comps or the old Warren Miller promo (now scrapped) since I was a college passholder in 2002-3. Part of growing up I guess
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  9. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by djspookman
    I noticed those trees out behind the Gatehouse as well.. looks like we may finally be able to ski to the super bravo instead of pole-along.

    I heard lots of truck trafic heading up the road this morning, but I don't know anything else as of yet.
    Just wish they'd put up pics on the lincoln peak village website... if they're gonna put the effort into making a "look at the status" page, they might as well update it... really wanna see what it's looking like...

  10. #120
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    27,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    Quote Originally Posted by djspookman
    I noticed those trees out behind the Gatehouse as well.. looks like we may finally be able to ski to the super bravo instead of pole-along.

    I heard lots of truck trafic heading up the road this morning, but I don't know anything else as of yet.
    Just wish they'd put up pics on the lincoln peak village website... if they're gonna put the effort into making a "look at the status" page, they might as well update it... really wanna see what it's looking like...
    Well, if you're in the Valley, why not just drive or bike up there and check it out?

    Live, Ski, or Die!


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 3 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The "Sugarbush Thread" vs. Guess the ski area
    By Greg in forum Northeast Skiing and Snowboarding Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Aug 12, 2005, 10:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:25 AM.