• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown Opening Day - 11/28/08

Greg

Staff member
Brian sent me a few pics this morning. Here they are:

Nor'easter:
1128080920.jpg

Temptor:
1128080924.jpg

Looks like they seeded skier's left of Nor'easter. Sweet! Tough to tell for sure from the cell phone pics, but the lower section of Temptor looks to have some very evenly spaced bumps. It's also very clear that there is no lack of base up there. The snow looks as deep as it did at any point last season. Should be a good day to ski those in since it will warm up into the 40's. A few nights of snowmaking on top and we'll be in business! Awesome!

Greg

Staff member
Advanced Skills Only

Quality signage too, presumably at the Temptor/Nor'easter merge:

1128081000.jpg

Well done!

Grassi21

i think i just moved up my departure to sundown for today, can't wait!

Greg

Staff member
How late you planning on staying today? Hope somebodys left for the night session! Hope to make it by at least 5pm.

I'm heading over a bit over noon with my daughter to ski Little Joe. I hope to also head back tonight, but it might be as late as 8 or even 9 pm. Hopefully earlier, but I just have to wait until my wife gets home. Hoping those bumps don't flash freeze too quickly...

Beetlenut

I'm heading over a bit over noon with my daughter to ski Little Joe. I hope to also head back tonight, but it might be as late as 8 or even 9 pm. Hopefully earlier, but I just have to wait until my wife gets home. Hoping those bumps don't flash freeze too quickly...

The temps don't look too bad even in to the night. With little wind, it shouldn't feel too cold. I'll probably stay until they stop the lifts, Have to take advantage of my opportunities when I can.

2knees

man that snow looks soft. bumps on temptor look a bit small but they should grow in a hurry if it is in fact soft.

cant wait for sunday. hell, i cant wait for brians full report tonight.

Greg, did you say nor'easter is seeded also?

Grassi21

How late you planning on staying today? Hope somebodys left for the night session! Hope to make it by at least 5pm.

i'm aiming to be there at 1:00 or so. i will probably be headed home around 5.

LonghornSkier

Is Sundown the only place in the country now to have seeded moguls? If so that'd be good for advertising.:snow:

o3jeff

Just back from doing a morning session. Met up with Brian and Carrie in the lodge to boot up. Was mostly cloud cover until about 10 and then blue skies and sun. Surface this morning was hard pack with areas of cookies, but real good for a November surface in November, but with temps int the mid 40's when I left around 11:15 the surface should loosen up nicely.

The bumps do start right after the Stinger merge on the left side. Not sure how they were down Temptor as I only hit a couple up around the merge. You will have to get the full bump report from either Brian or Tim.

Good to ski with everyone and it was nice to finally MRGisevil.

Overall a great job by everyone at Sundown for opening day.

Rossi Smash

After the long drive over...;-) it was 29 degrees when I pulled into the lot.
Managed to grab the 10th chair of the season after talking with Chris S. a bit on the deck.
They did a great job with the snow. Had a few sprinkles fairly early on, and the snow started to soften up when the sun poked through. The Temptor seeds have now been watered and should start growing soon....I skied till noon and had a most enjoyable season opener. It was 49 when I pulled out of the lot.Now a quick Turkey plate and out for an afternoon motorcycle ride. :daffy:

o3jeff

After the long drive over...;-) it was 29 degrees when I pulled into the lot.
Managed to grab the 10th chair of the season after talking with Chris S. a bit on the deck.
They did a great job with the snow. Had a few sprinkles fairly early on, and the snow started to soften up when the sun poked through. The Temptor seeds have now been watered and should start growing soon....I skied till noon and had a most enjoyable season opener. It was 49 when I pulled out of the lot.Now a quick Turkey plate and out for an afternoon motorcycle ride. :daffy:

Rossi, were you in an all navy coat or one with a pink strip? We we trying to figure out if either of them were you.