• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown Opening Day - 11/28/08

o3jeff

Just got back from having my boots tweaked a little, now I am tempted to head over for a few runs to test them out.

Beetlenut

Were you there? I was looking for you??

Well,... yes I was there from about 4:30 till about 6:30pm. The bumps on Temptor were way better than I anticipated! I did about 9 runs down Temptor and was hitting a nice groove. The bumps were fast but smooth. New wax probably made them fast for me. I looked for people, but never saw anyone. So I decided to slow things down and wait a few minutes at the top of each bump section. The bottom part of Temptor had some funky hard bumps that transitioned into rollers. Thats where the fun began for me! Long story short, after a very fast run down Temptor, in which I was cruising thru the bumps quite well with my new short poles, I must have caught an edge and flipped over. No big deal, I just rolled out of it. But my shoulder landed on one of my poles, and I broke my collar bone! So I had to drive myself to UCONN hospital for X-Rays, then back home to RI. Not the night I was hoping for!

A picture of my best work!

View attachment 1998

I'll go see the Ortho on Monday. Sucks to be me right now!

Greg

Staff member
Well,... yes I was there from about 4:30 till about 6:30pm. The bumps on Temptor were way better than I anticipated! I did about 9 runs down Temptor and was hitting a nice groove. The bumps were fast but smooth. New wax probably made them fast for me. I looked for people, but never saw anyone. So I decided to slow things down and wait a few minutes at the top of each bump section. The bottom part of Temptor had some funky hard bumps that transitioned into rollers. Thats where the fun began for me! Long story short, after a very fast run down Temptor, in which I was cruising thru the bumps quite well with my new short poles, I must have caught an edge and flipped over. No big deal, I just rolled out of it. But my shoulder landed on one of my poles, and I broke my collar bone! So I had to drive myself to UCONN hospital for X-Rays, then back home to RI. Not the night I was hoping for!

View attachment 1998

Acck! Oh no, Bill. That sucks. Get better soon. :(

bvibert

Staff member

View attachment 1998

Oh man, that really sucks! I hope it heals quickly!

bvibert

Staff member
I took this pics last night, it's kinda cool, but pretty dark at the same time...

PB280013.JPG

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com

View attachment 1998

So sorry to hear about your injury!!! :( Hope it heals quickly!

Beetlenut

sorry to hear that. hopefully you recover quick enough to get back on skis late in the season.

Yea, hope it's only 6-8 weeks. Find out Monday. Sundown was nice enough to give me a comp ticket for my trouble, so hope to make it back by February. The wife's going to be the bigger problem. Typing and mousing left handed is going to take some getting use to!

downhill04

You still bumping it up Pat? Got the email notification from you posting to this thread. I've only been twice in the past 4 years. Probably have been on AZ once in the past 4 years as well. How I miss the good old days.

2knees

holy shit i was posting to break balls but how the fuck are you? god it's been years. come hang with us at some point

downhill04

Crazy how that worked out. Things are going well.3 kids playing sports year round and coaching a few of them doesn't leave me any time to ski these days. Do you guys still get together set days during the week?

Madroch

Dh4- Wasn't sure your back would ever let you ski again.. Good to hear you can at least ski once in a while...