• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown 11/30

2knees

Date(s) Skied: 11/30/08

Resort or Ski Area: Sundown

Conditions: Wet Granular

Trip Report:

caught up with Grassi, Powhunter, Greg, Gmcunni and 03Jeff this morning. Some various forms of percip were falling most of the time i was there. Bumps are absolutely excellent. good work cutting those in. Lower 2/3rds of temptor has about as close to a zipperline as you can ask for. Great crew to ski with, although i only managed a few hours. still had a blast though. Grassi has made absolutely incredible progress already this year. keep up the good work man, its cool to see the progression. Greg, Gary and Steve did their usual ripping. Nice to ski with you Gary. Jeff, we'll get you in those bumps if its the last thing i do. :smile:

took a bunch of video today, probably repetitive but i for one want to see every last damn second of it GREG!!! lol, good skiing with you again bud.

MR. evil

I really wanted to join you guys today, but I am still recovering from Friday. My legs are so F'g sore. I now know it wasn't a good idea to spend 5 plus hours in the bumps on my first day out for the season.

Grassi was looking really good in the bumps on Friday when I skied with him.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Brian is there now; he probably missed you guys.

You bump addicts; your disease is spreading! :eek: ;)

Glad you guys got out there and had a great time today! :beer:

gmcunni

good skiing with everyone today. the rain made for decent conditions, bumps seemed to get softer as the day went on. even though it was wet it was good to get my first sundown day in the books. looking forward to many more nights/days there this season.

today was a bonus day (for lack of better term), if i didn't have a season pass i would not have ventured out today. The way the weather was looking i would have been content to sit home on the couch. Glad i made it out :)

Last edited:

mondeo

Brian is there now; he probably missed you guys.
I got there a little before 2:00, at which point it was just Greg and Steve left. Rain had softened the bumps up a bit, and continued to get softer as it continued to rain. Steve was dragged off by his kids after a bit, and then a bit later Brian joined. Took a run with Jarrod and one of the other park guys sometime around 4. Pretty good bumps, especially for CT in November. Too bad they'll be closed during the week.

Greg and I left at around 4:15-4:30, I think Brian was staying until they closed at 5.

Short outing, but it makes 6 in November. Not a bad start to the season.

Greg

Staff member
6+ hours bumps today. Effin rad. Those bumps were good in the morning, but progressed to epic status between 1 and 2 pm. Simply perfect, and the lines were deep and cut by rippers. I'm shot. More later and some vid hopefully at some point tonight.

o3jeff

Jeff, we'll get you in those bumps if its the last thing i do. :smile:.

I'll be in there before you know it, waiting for the lower bumps to be put in place. Also need to work on closing up my stance and then short turns.

Good to see everyone out there.

Grassi21

Nice bumpin' with ya'll. Fun day. Looking forward to the film. I hope Greg utilizes one of those shots of him in the car driving to the hill. :lol: ;-)

Last edited:

powhunter

Great getting out with you boys...skiing today was pretty fantastic despite the NCP...Im spent ..gonna zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

steve

bvibert

Staff member
I'm really glad I got out, even if it was only for 2 hours or so. To be honest me legs were so shot I wasn't even sure if I'd make it that long. I held in there though and nabbed last chair just before patrol closed it down for the night. I actually thought I had already missed it as the last two patrollers were waiting to board the chair when I skied up, they saw me standing there looking dejected and held up so I could make one more run, thanks Marie! Skied the last few runs top to bottom and my legs sure are feeling it! The bumps were great, can't wait to get back to them next weekend.

I showed up just as Greg was inside taking a short break, I was happy to run into him as I assumed that everyone would have been gone by then. Good to meet Mondeo again and ski with him, the only time I had seen him before was during last year's bump comp. Sorry I missed all you other guys, sound like there was quite the crew going on.

Greg

Staff member
The video footage is siiiiiiiick. It'll be up soon.

Greg

Staff member
Can't wait to see it! I expect some super radicalness!

Movie Maker is really giving me fits. I'm trying a work around which I think should work. I hope to have a vid up within the hour.

2knees

i've been having trouble with it the last 2 videos i put up. its been freezing on me and not publishing. pita.

looking forward to this one. people were killing it when i was there, cant imagine how nasty you guys got when it became even softer with the rain.

Greg

Staff member
Sooooooooooon...........

Greg

Staff member
Sooooooooooon...........

About 3/4 of the way uploaded. I really like this vid. 2knees and Grassi21 sorta highlight it, along with some bonus footage of my infamous 2 o'clock twister. :oops: It is also the debut of the Ski Sundown mogul follow-cam starring mondeo. :lol: And wait until you get a look at Brian killing it. :eek:

wa-loaf

Is the side of the trail groomed? That follow-along shot was really cool.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Side to side bumps on Temptor, but where the bumps start on Nor'Easter is groomed on the right. So when I skied with Brian, I would ski down to the Nor'Easter/Temptor merge, watch him come down the top bumps, then we would split off and I'd meet him at the bottom of Temptor.