• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

newbie skis?

automagp68

Done deal
Finally made the jump
Overnighted them will be here thursday!

Cant wait:cool:

bigbog

...good setup!

automagp68,
Hey..That's a good setup!...you'll have a much more fun time on the mountain with those, instead of the possibly getting to personally know the Patrollers and their stretcher... :lol: The 5-Star is more of a rocket...

Last edited:

automagp68

Ok im concerned here

I got my new skis on the mail. all looked well.

Except

On the ski on the side, it says

voelkl.com

Not volkl.com

For the website.

Both URL's go to the volkl website just slightly different ones
Did i get screwed here?
What is voelkl vs volkl?

Some one please put an end to my panic!

o3jeff

I wouldn't worry about it, I think they are both one in the same.

Did you get them from Sierra or Ebay? On the Epic forum Sierra is reputable place.

snowmonster

Ok im concerned here

I got my new skis on the mail. all looked well.

Except

On the ski on the side, it says

voelkl.com

Not volkl.com

For the website.

Both URL's go to the volkl website just slightly different ones
Did i get screwed here?
What is voelkl vs volkl?

Some one please put an end to my panic!
Don't panic. It's the same thing -- Voelkl/Volkl. The "oe" is a way of Anglicizing the umlaut that the German alphabet has.

automagp68

Don't panic. It's the same thing -- Voelkl/Volkl. The "oe" is a way of Anglicizing the umlaut that the German alphabet has.

This is why im glad we have a BU professor around, to explain these things!

LOL

Thanks for the help, i figured it was something like that.:daffy:

Get to try them out sunday

automagp68

Hey Guys

Quick update

So got all my gear friday and hit the slopes. These skis are awsome!

I had a great time and felt more comfortable then before. I started to learn how to carve a bit and i cant even remember what a snow plow is? So life is good. We did some blues and challeged mysefl a bit. My only issue was that i fell one time pretty damn good and twisted the hell outa my right knee. Im not sure what i did but it hurt. Took me outa the loop for the day. Today i woke up and and it hurt a bit so i stuck my knee brace on and just ahve been taking it easy. It doenst hurt from walking or anything but if i croucth forward and twist to the right or left or hits just a bit. Im hopeing its just sore, it felt like a pull sensation. I hope it wasnt my ACL as ive heard lots of people discussing that. All in all, im happy and had a great day. Boots are good, skis are great. Thanks for all the suggestions on what to pick out!

bigbog

Yeah,
Sometimes it's better to take it easy, with new gear, and go at the fundamentals for a while, and get so you can ski the heck out of the easy trails...not only for your skills, but also for the body to get some exercise before tackling anything tricky...

automagp68

Its been good. Thanks for all the adivce. Ive been able to have some fun latley but not as much as id like. I finally got to "carve" for a second in ME this past weekend. What a cool feeling, you could really tell you were like really flying it was kind of neat. Will just keep practiceing and hopefully get better. Thanks though "big" you saved me from killing myself on the 5 stars lol

Greg

Staff member
Its been good. Thanks for all the adivce. Ive been able to have some fun latley but not as much as id like. I finally got to "carve" for a second in ME this past weekend. What a cool feeling, you could really tell you were like really flying it was kind of neat. Will just keep practiceing and hopefully get better. Thanks though "big" you saved me from killing myself on the 5 stars lol

Thanks for the update and good for you. It takes time.....as in years. Just keep at it and it will all come together eventually. I'm still never happy with my skiing.

automagp68

AWSOME~!!

OK so here is an update. Been sking alot latley. Finally got it. Busted my butt Many times but i did my First black the other day. WOWOWO It ws awsome. I totally love my skis. I have been doing Mount Sunapee and just local wachusette when need be. Having a great time and making big progress. Thought id let you guys know all the progress, thanks again for all the help