• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett Thread (Former RSN Chat Room)

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Balls I shoulda went.

I went down to the firehouse instead for some training on incident safety or some bs like that.

Who needs that anyway?

These Wednesday firehouse classes are killin' me, you guys up there any other days of the week?

Sky

Marc said:
you guys up there any other days of the week?

I'd be up tonight except #2 son is in an improv thing in Boston tonight. Looking at tomorrow night pre-snow....and Sunday night after digging out.

Let me know.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Sunday night is a strong possibility. Last time it dumped there, sometime in November or something rediculous, they didn't groom Conifer (the only open trail then) and it was schweet.

Hoping they'll do that again.

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Server's up just fine now. I was just watching the live webcam and the lifts are running with no lines at all. A friend of mine called and is heading there right now, but I looked out the window and there's just no way I'm driving the 50 miles it takes me to get there in this kind of visibility (none).

If it lets up, I'll go tonight. If not, I'm definitely there Monday night. I'll miss out on the best powder, but at least I'll get some level of skiing fix. :D

(I'd go Monday morning but I have a morning meeting at work that I can't miss)

Zand

So, anyone here doing the 24 hour Ski-A-Thon on 2/24? I'll probably go up after 4 and ski till 8 the next morning. Can imagine I'll be pretty tired after skiing 16 hours, but why not.

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Ow. I can only do about 15 runs before my quads die. In fact, I did yesterday and it was sweet! I've progressed onto Smith-Walton and 10th Mountain successfully and am having a blast. I'm going again Wednesday night and will practice every other night I can get up there before my Sunday River trip first weekend in March. :)

Mark_151

Zand said:
So, anyone here doing the 24 hour Ski-A-Thon on 2/24? I'll probably go up after 4 and ski till 8 the next morning. Can imagine I'll be pretty tired after skiing 16 hours, but why not.

I'll most likely get up there, probably about 2AM like last year, and probably standing in a lift line at that time as well. :eek: Only at Wachusett.....

thetrailboss

Staff member
So here is a question: In the NELSAP room on Snowjournal, someone threw out the idea that the Crowley's should also lease Blue Hills and run that place as well. What do you think? Yea or nea?

I say go for it. Ragged is not putting much more $$$ into it and seems to have given up. The Crowley's have more influence in the state...probably more than a NH company :roll: Might be able to make some headway with some of the issues that they have there....mainly getting water for snowmaking, allowing them to blow more snow, expansion, etc, etc.

hiroto

Wachusett is making snow tonight on Indian Summer and Sundowner. Quite unusual to make snow this late in the season. Good thing it is not raining anymore this week. Last weekend was end of the season kind of condition and I was afraid that one ticket left on my 3peat card will be wasted.

Zand

Wachusett always makes snow this late in the season. 3 years ago, they were still making snow in April. Not at all uncommon for them. They wouldn't let themselves shut down this early.

I was just watching the webcam. It's like in November when I was glued to it the week of Thanksgiving. Snow guns blasting, groomers tearing everything up, trying to find some snow in the base. Wawa is one of the best areas in terms of recovering from a huge thaw-freeze. I'm actually suprised they haven't turned on any guns on around the base area by the bottom of the quads.

Last edited:

subdude

hiroto said:
Wachusett is making snow tonight on Indian Summer and Sundowner. Quite unusual to make snow this late in the season. Good thing it is not raining anymore this week. Last weekend was end of the season kind of condition and I was afraid that one ticket left on my 3peat card will be wasted.

They need the beginner terrain with coverage as there's a big inner city kids event going on this weekend. Wawa is pretty much finished with snow making for the season with the exception of a couple of brand new guns they're testing.

Sky

Bump

I got a response from Wa re: the challenge. TB, Tom Meyers (tom@wachusett.com) is your connection.

Also, I mentioned this thread withing AZ and advised Wa Mgt to give it a look.

Ergo...the bump.

Zand

LOL, this thread'll probably just die until the ski swap, unless the Challenge comes through. Did I mention the weather today is similar to January 13th?

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Sky521 said:
Bump

I got a response from Wa re: the challenge. TB, Tom Meyers (tom@wachusett.com) is your connection.

Also, I mentioned this thread withing AZ and advised Wa Mgt to give it a look.

Ergo...the bump.

OK. Cheers.

:beer:

Sky

jackstraw said:
WHOA!!!

so that's what was going on over here before i landed!!!

Jeez Jack, I had to hunt down Greg's original post to see what set him off. Glad it wasn't me.

Zand, I'm sure you are correct...that the thread will whither and die. Not enough RSN transplants from Wa...lots of trolls there anyway if you remember.

I just bumped this up in case Wa mgt opted to check out AZ in prep for the challenge.

Zand

It's already been moved up to April 29th. Shouldn't go any further than that, the snow's pretty much gone already and this is the worst base they've had in a while. Unless it rains, it shouldn't be later than the 29th.