• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett Thread (Former RSN Chat Room)

thetrailboss

Staff member
OK, at the request of Sky, I've started this thread, like the Sugarbush thread, for folks to talk about Wachusett now that the RSN room has closed leaving many homeless. :angry:

Enjoy and welcome to AZ! :beer:

Greg

Staff member
When do we start the "Adirondacks" thread...? :eek: :blink: :wink:

Greg

Staff member
thetrailboss said:
Greg said:
When do we start the "Adirondacks" thread...? :eek: :blink: :wink:

Hey, if we want Ghostie and his buddies we can get him :wink: :lol:
:argue: :flame: :uzi: :smash:

:idea: :beer: :puke:

NHpowderhound

RSN 'Dacks forum was one of the most entertaining board out there. It got nasty quite a bit but still entertaining.
Highpeaksdrifter,bring back Ghostrider!
((*
*))NHPH

Lostone

The trouble is that if your meeting place was on the forum, it is hard to tell people, on the forum where to go next, when the forum is frozen. :oops:

Also, as it is summer, they might have a lighter usage than during ski season.

I know we'll have people coming back and looking at the forum and wondering where everyone went/ :(

Sky

Wa Forum transplanting is a very delicate art. So far I'm the only survivor.

Lostone is correct on both accounts (summer and dead RSB Forums for anoouncing the exodus), but there is more to it. SOme of the folks who feel comfortable in the Wa forum may not feel as comfortable in this larger forum, PLUS it's summer. There were only a few constant players in that forum anyway.

I'm on vaca this week and am outside all day long. So, I've been quiet.

Things will pick up in a few months. By the time the leaves change color...or the first frost...skiing as a topic, and preparation for the upcoming season will fill the cyberspace.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I'm moving this one up for Sky and other RSN Wachusett folk! Let's make this the next Sugarbush thread!

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Thanks man, I appreciate it. Yeah fellow Wachusett-.. um... -ites? I guess?

Something to get a discussion rolling:

We all know how many complain and the downsides to Wachusett- here are my pluses, because not enough people talk about those:

The bar serves Wachusett Brewery beer. Started by WPI alums, I now firmly believe every ski resort in NE should make this a priority at their taps.

I love launching off the toll road lips on 10th mnt and smith walton... not advisable on conifer unless its during off peak hours, the patrol does get pissed off. I love the lips though so much, I've gone so far as to give the groomers special instructions not to grind them down too much, and one actually listened to me!

There no off piste, only a very small seeded mogul run, not a lot of powder, but they groom twice a day which feeds my adrenaline junkie/speed freak side.

And finally, this may sound bad, but lets face it, the average skill level is pretty low and going there makes you feel much better about your abilities (only to have your false illusions shattered when you head "up North" as we call it down here).

thetrailboss

Staff member
I've heard some of the negative things about Wah, but let's face it, for the area it's pretty damn good. The facilities were nice and the lifts fast. As for terrain, well, it doesn't snow there as much and the crowds are big, so lots of grooming is a necessary evil.

Sky

Location! Easy access! Hit it on the way to work mid-week. I like the owners. I like the ski shop on location.

I'm a "Homer" I guess.

We can talk more about it on the slopes.

Mark, you going to the Columbus Say sale?

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Yep, I'll probably be there...

If I see a decent deal I might invest in some mid line all conditions ski. Finally retire my old Rossy cut 10-4's to rock skis, which they should be. Maybe I'll get one more season out of them, we'll see. I have a pair of Volkl P50 F1 Energy's to back them up, which are great for carving, not so much in the bumps or jumps, too heavy.

I'd really like to find a pair of Volkl 7-24's, I've heard good things about them...

And they usually have good deals on double layer poly pro which I could always use more of... so who knows.

Hopefully Wachusett Octoberfest will be flowing, I can't get enough of that stuff.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Pushing this one forward...any new improvements at Wachusett? When we were there in May they were removing snowmaking lines and doing some excavating. Any word as to what this was for?

ChileMass

TB - will you and Mrs. TB be able to use the free ticket we earned back in May at the Wawa cleanup day? If you can, definitely let me know when you think you'll be going there. Only 30 min from my house, and I can probably plan a sick day with a little advance notice......

thetrailboss

Staff member
ChileMass said:
TB - will you and Mrs. TB be able to use the free ticket we earned back in May at the Wawa cleanup day? If you can, definitely let me know when you think you'll be going there. Only 30 min from my house, and I can probably plan a sick day with a little advance notice......

Hells yeah we're going to use them--her parents live in Worcester so we will be down during the pre-holiday period. I'll be sure to drop a line...