• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Website Acronyms

teachski

Website
teachski.com
ALBAS - A Look Back At Skiing (also known as teachski.com)

Teachski.com comes from 2 things really. I am a teacher (by profession) and I ski. For a while now I have also been a ski teacher (instructor), but that came after the name.

bvibert

Staff member
awf170 said:
T4T- time for tuckermans
TGR- some website that hates us

I think the fine folks over at TGR (Teton Gravity Research) hate everyone. I wasn't aware that they have a specific issue with this forum though.. I tried to go there but the firewall at work seems to be blocking it... :roll:

hammer

bvibert said:
I think the fine folks over at TGR (Teton Gravity Research) hate everyone. I wasn't aware that they have a specific issue with this forum though.. I tried to go there but the firewall at work seems to be blocking it... :roll:
I checked TGR, and while it does appear to be a skiing, etc. site, it's definitely not a site that I want to be checking out using the family computer, if you know what I mean...

In any case, to each their own...check the site out and make your own choices...

bvibert

Staff member
hammer said:
I checked TGR, and while it does appear to be a skiing, etc. site, it's definitely not a site that I want to be checking out using the family computer, if you know what I mean...

In any case, to each their own...check the site out and make your own choices...

There is actually some good stuff over there, you just need to wade through a ton of crap.

hammer

bvibert said:
There is actually some good stuff over there, you just need to wade through a ton of crap.
That's why I appreciate the moderators here...some folks may think it's a bit confining, but if it keeps the "crap" level to a minimum then it's a good thing overall.

bvibert

Staff member
hammer said:
That's why I appreciate the moderators here...some folks may think it's a bit confining, but if it keeps the "crap" level to a minimum then it's a good thing overall.

Thanks, after the last couple of days around here its really nice to hear someone say that.

Jaytrek57

MTTBJAB: My turn to buy Jay a beer
NNIMTTBJABYBHOLT: No, No, It's my turn to buy Jay a beer, you bought him one last time.
DIFMTP: Damn, I forgot my tentpoles

BeanoNYC

riverc0il said:
i thought the name of this thread was Website Acronyms?

:lol: :beer:

Oh yeah, would you look at that. And I always yell at my students for not reading directions.

MtnMagic

I'm not sure on the buy Jay a beer, etc. But I *know* what the "I forgot my tentpoles is!"

Hey Jay, we just have to play a few games of chess soon. And to those in the know, play cribbage too.

How's that!

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com

ctenidae

I don't think there are actually that many acronyms here. Occasionally you'll se AZ, and TGR and T4T come up rarely, FOT48 for about 2 weeks each year, but that's about it.

We're just not hip to the whole abbreviating thing, I guess.

YMMV

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Iirc?
Rotfl?

(thank you az for not letting me caps the acronyms.

p.s., I'm very anal-obsessive about not letting my web site developers and marketeers use jargon and acronyms. Everyone knows me as, "Plain English Please!"