• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown 12/19/2008

Madroch

I did ski most of last year, albet 99% was with beginner kids on Toms treat and canyon. Couple of nights on Temptor late season, worked in. This year, I get a night a week sans kids, so I am looking to really tighten it up. Watching and following Downhill04 and others was definately a great help, and they serve as nice comparison and something to work towards. Getting forward and depressing the tips down into the next trough is what I need to work on, as well as picking a straighter line and working in some speed.

Speaking of speed, Johnnypoach is nuts, end of story. His first bonzai was something I have never witnessed before.

Last edited:

2knees

First let me say I had a blast skiing with everyone. You guys were all ripping!!!

Second let me say WTF was I thinking. I feel like a 107 year old man today. Everything hurts. I must say my neck if feeling rather nice after that 270 face plan :smile:

Who know maybe I will make it back for the night session tonight. What time you getting there Pat?

should be there between 6 and 7.

cant wait for this bump comp. My money is on either you, mrmagic or mondeo. this should be fun to watch.

actually, i gotta throw johnnypoach into that group. he was close last year.

Greg

Staff member
cant wait for this bump comp. My money is on either you, mrmagic or mondeo. this should be fun to watch.

You're in the running of course too. I suspect that there will be some sleepers coming out of the woodwork though. There was a dude carrying speed through those bumps last night that I'm not sure any of could match. Not WC bump style, just aggressive skiing. Maybe it was Highway Star? :idea:

Who's at 1:40 carrying all the speed? JP?

Johnnypoach. That was his second run at it. The first time he carried momentum off the flats and flew into the bumps at ludicrous speed with powhunter yelling, "don't slow down pussy!" :lol: Hilarious. That and when Jay took the phone from me when 2knees called and simply said, "hey bitch!" have to be the lines of the night. Good times.

MR. evil

. There was a dude carrying speed through those bumps last night that I'm not sure any of could match. Not WC bump style, just aggressive skiing. .

And then someone told JP that guy was trying to show him up, so JP did a 3rd Bonzai run down Temptor to out do that guy with a Ski Patroler right there just shaking his head.

Last night was a blast, but my legs are paying for it this morning. During my last run my right thigh started to cramp up and my left leg was like jello. I think I fell 6 or 7 times that last run in the Temptor bumps. I think the cramp was from not drinking enough. If I am up for it I many try to make it out Sunday evening

back to shoveling......my snow blower won't start

Greg

Staff member
And then someone told JP that guy was trying to show him up, so JP did a 3rd Bonzai run down Temptor to out do that guy with a Ski Patroler right there just shaking his head.

That was good too. After we pointed him out to JP, he got this crazed look in his eye and chased after him. Didn't he have an impact with some poor guy's partial yard sale debris too?

Last night was a blast, but my legs are paying for it this morning. During my last run my right thigh started to cramp up and my left leg was like jello. I think I fell 6 or 7 times that last run in the Temptor bumps. I think the cramp was from not drinking enough. If I am up for it I many try to make it out Sunday evening

We were all commenting on your last run there that you were cooked. Good times!

back to shoveling......my snow blower won't start

I came home to a 90% clear driveway last night, thanks to my wife who did a pass with the snowthrower and a neighbor who hit it with the plow on his quad. It only took me an hour or so to do the rest of the shoveling which is good because the body is a little tight today. Overall, I feel pretty good though.

MR. evil

JP always has a crazed look in his eye.....but I know what you mean, when that guy was pointed out to JP he looked more crazed than ussual.

I was cooked about 2 or 3 runs before my last one. I knew that last run was going to be bad as my leg was already starting to cramp at the top of Temptor. Atleast the snow was soft and the falls didn't hurt.

rueler

gotta get out there again with you guys...SOON! I'm pissed I missed the "Johnnypoach Show"!!! Hopefully next time I can stay longer.

Everybody looked really good out there, Madroch impressed me most because he's been out of the game so long. His runs looked smoother every time down...the rest of the crew are borderline professional bump skiers...it's evident you guys (CLITS) put a lot of work into your bump skiing...you all ripped all night!

downhill04

should be there between 6 and 7.

actually, i gotta throw johnnypoach into that group. he was close last year.

Um hello I was doing everthing in my power to keep up with you and I was rather unsuccessful. You blew my doors off.

WoodCore

Nice too meet everyone last night, definitely had a great time making turns. As usual nice job on the video Greg!

Although my "on hill" obligations are kicking into high gear both Rueler and myself will be up at Sundown on 1/18 and 2/07 for CYSL ski races so feel free to search us out an check out some of the ski racing action.

Mikey1

Good to see some old familiar faces last night, and also meet some new ones! That was quite a talented group assembled. Looking forward to more, will be back at Sundown Sunday morning for some more pow!