• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter Mountain, Catskills NY 12/19-12/20

SkiBunny

Date(s) Skied: Friday 12/19 - Saturday 12/20

Resort or Ski Area: Hunter Mountain, Catskills, NY

Conditions: Friday Overcast with whipping winds and pelting sleet hovering around 30 degrees, and Saturday some peeking blue sky and mega powder 12- 20 " and 30 degrees

Trip Report:
Friday was 20 - 45 inch base with a couple inches of damp snow, loose granular or hard pack on some trails.
Saturday we had an additional 12 - 20 inches of light powder. It was so dry, you could see the defintition in each snow flake. Lots of gridlock on the trails, people remembering how to ski on powder, me included. (A few face plants on my part. Sit the skis, damn it!) Trails: Upper 27 K, East Shore Drive, Minya Konka, Hellgate, Mad Box, Heuga Express. I made the mistake of going on the double black Upper Crossover when my legs were jelly. Lift lines minimal and move fast. Very satisfying day.

Date(s) Skied: Friday 12/19 - Saturday 12/20

Resort or Ski Area: Hunter Mountain, Catskills, NY

Conditions: Friday Overcast with whipping winds and pelting sleet hovering around 30 degrees, and Saturday some peeking blue sky and mega powder 12- 20 " and 30 degrees

Trip Report:
Friday was 20 - 45 inch base with a couple inches of damp snow, loose granular or hard pack on some trails.
Saturday we had an additional 12 - 20 inches of light powder. It was so dry, you could see the defintition in each snow flake. Lots of gridlock on the trails, people remembering how to ski on powder, me included. (A few face plants on my part. Sit the skis, damn it!) Trails: Upper 27 K, East Shore Drive, Minya Konka, Hellgate, Mad Box, Heuga Express. I made the mistake of going on the double black Upper Crossover when my legs were jelly. Lift lines minimal and move fast. Very satisfying day.

Nice report..sounds like a satisfying day for sure..

SkiBunny

Yep, it's nice when Nature just gives it to you.

It's getting warm down here in NJ/NYover weekend 40- 50 degrees. Might have to shoot up to Killington for the Holiday break.