• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

1/3 Storm Speculation Thread

SKIQUATTRO

looks like the clipper coming thru tomorrow might be better than Fridays system...wait and see

Glenn

Not looking like it's going to hit us at this point. I think it's tracking East. :-?

Greg

Staff member
Not looking like it's going to hit us at this point. I think it's tracking East. :-?

There's still time, but yeah, right now it looks like a bust.

snafu

Forecast here went from snow showers/rain a couple days ago to snow showers now this morning is just snow. So maybe this could turn into something more. Lately it seems that the extended forecasts underestimate the strength of the storms.

Glenn

They might as well just say " variable weather heading this way...stay tuned".

I like the forecast discussion on NWS...they use cool weather codes for what you said above"

"GFS and NAM aren't in agreement. We'll have to watch this one as it gets closer"

tcharron

Wonder where that big blurb 'o' snow just getting to the great lakes now is gonna end up.. 48 hour map is cool if that high will just MOOOOOOOOVE it..

map_spectrop05_ltst_6nh_enus_600x405.jpg

SKIQUATTRO

looks like a favorable pattern setting up...some storms out there for the 6th, 10th, 13th ....lets see and pray!

SKIQUATTRO

me too...heading up to Smuggs on the 10th for 5 days....praying for some big dumps...trail count went from 63 to 24 in one day last week.......

Greg

Staff member
We picked up a dusting today. :spin: