• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

1/3 Storm Speculation Thread

jaja111

I see the word "BOMBOGENESIS" in the forecast discussion for the weekend. Too far out to say, but some excitement exists for a Nor'easter.

Glenn

That's what Gil Simmons was saying this morning. Let's hope it happens...and stays all snow.

Random tidbit: Gil Simmons is bigtime into a snowmobiling. You can see he gets pretty excited when there's snow on the horizon.

It's looking like a real Humdinger..I hope it takes a more southern track so the Poconos get some fresh Poe..

I'm trying not to get my hope up. Every time I go to Killington in January, I pick the thaw out week.

It's definitely not looking like the thawout week this year...bring your balaclava..no I'm not talking about the Greek dessert..that's Baklava..lol..

i think we just had thaw, it came a few weeks early

times two..but we'll still get a January thaw..but not until Root is back from Killington..

and I think we're going to get 1-20 inches of snow...maybe even 22 inches in favored upslope locations..that's my forecast and I'm sticking to it until we see what Powderfreak ScottyB has to say,,

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
times two..but we'll still get a January thaw..but not until Root is back from Killington..

and I think we're going to get 1-20 inches of snow...maybe even 22 inches in favored upslope locations..that's my forecast and I'm sticking to it until we see what Powderfreak ScottyB has to say,,
I think you'll be correct, but I've come to believe I bring the thaw with me every year.

SKIQUATTRO

Models still going back and fourth, but snowstorm in the Big Cities Friday into Saturday. Looks like a 1-4 inch snow possible from D.C. to NYC. New England VT, NH and ME, it's a bigger storm with amounts up to a foot with wind. Could be a nasty storm with near blizzard conditions for parts of NH and Maine Saturday....interesting set up to say the least

Models still going back and fourth, but snowstorm in the Big Cities Friday into Saturday. Looks like a 1-4 inch snow possible from D.C. to NYC. New England VT, NH and ME, it's a bigger storm with amounts up to a foot with wind. Could be a nasty storm with near blizzard conditions for parts of NH and Maine Saturday....interesting set up to say the least

Hell Yeah..that's what I like to see..Root is gonna be up in Killington so hopefully it dumps up there..