• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Looking For People To Do 2 For 1's Mid Week in NH

theothersully

A lot of NH mountains offer 2 for 1s or NH resident days mid week.

I'm back up in the area after living out of state for years. I got no friends.. ha ha

Anybody want to meet up at the window to get the 2 for 1 deals?

I'm available mid week - Tue, Wed, Thur.

Please PM me if you'd like to meet up at a ticket window on a certain date and get the 2 for 1.

I'm partial to Wildcat and Cannon.

Looking for guy, girl, I don't care. We're just meeting at the window to get half price lift tickets. We could ski/board together too if you like difficult terrain (bumps, double diamond, etc...)

Thanks.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I used to do Cannon twofer days like they were going out of style. If you are posting looking for skiing companions, that is cool. But no need to fish for two-fers. Just hang out in the lodge and ask around and pair up with someone at the mountain. Never takes more than a few minutes. On their Super Bowl two-fer day, Cannon had staff members trying to pair people up one of these past years.

Swamp Dog

could work for me too. I do on call subbing at the local schools, so I don't know if 'm available until after 6AM or so. Old broad, no bumps or diamonds. Will meet to split the cost though.

Mildcat

If you can't find someone to split the Cannon ticket you can buy just one for $39. $7 more than splitting a ticket but still a good deal.

Mildcat

Oh yeah, I believe you can buy half price Wildcat tix from Liftopia.com on the two fer days. I could be wrong about that though so just check their site to make sure. I think I saw that last year though.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Here is a tip.... look for groups of odd number skiers. 1s, 3s, and 5s are always solid bets. Also, look for other guys looking around that look suspiciously like they are also looking for a two fer partner.

BLESS

we had 3 last time we did the cannon thing.....it took literally 10 seconds to find a single to take advantage....it was funny the single guy had no clue they even had 2fer days.......he loved it.

Breeze

At Wildcat, you do not need a "companion" to get the deal on Wednesday. It is just simply $32.50.

That bargain Wednesday ticket is fully upgradeable ( buy Thursday's ticket Wednesday afternoon) for $39.00. Not a bad deal for 2 days.

Do check Liftopia.com for other deals @ the Cat. Purchase online in advance, your ticket will be available at the window. Print your proof of purchase from Liftopia.com ( or at LEAST write down the transaction number) and present with ID to the ticket agent. Cake walk.

Breeze

frozencorn

Tried to do a 2 for 1 at Sugarloaf last season. Had friends who were there for the weekend and got their passes in a package deal. Hung out by the window and offered it up, but everyone seemed to think I was trying to play them out of cash...unreal.

Finally got screamed at by an employee for "soliciting." Paid full price. And helped out nobody else...all for just trying to be a nice guy, and help myself, of course.

So, while I know Wildcat is pretty easy with it...there are some places that obviously are not.

theothersully

Thanks for the quick advice

Damn, you guys are fast.

Thanks for the advice. I guess I'll just show up and give it a shot. Looking for odd number groups sounds like a really good idea too.

See... I *used to* have a lot of ski buddies up here, but since I moved away, I lost touch with all of them... either that or they're not really bums like me who can go mid-week. ha ha

Again, thanks. Good ideas and first hand info on these mountains.

ga2ski

I will probably make a few midweek trips to Cannon. I'll try to remember to PM you when I'm headed up.

Funny story:
My dad was at Cannon to help out at one of my high school races. He got a comp ticket for helping with the race. Anyway, he was standing at the urinal when a guy steps up to take a leak next to him. The guy says to my dad, "Are you single"? My dad not not knowing that it was 2 for 1 day, didn't know how to respond and quickly finished releaving himself and left the bathroom. The guy yelled "Today is 2 for 1 lift tickets"

So yeah for look for people in parking lot, by the ticket booth, in lodge, but maybe skip the bathroom.

Puck it

Sunapee and Waterville, a companion is not needed either, but Cannon is a hard ass about it at least year. I like the $39 single price this year.