• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread" vs. Guess the ski area

Will the "Sugarbush Thread" beat the "Guess the ski area" thread?

• Total voters

bvibert

Staff member
Wow, 5 votes and no replies.. ;)

For the record I think it will, but I voted for "Is it snowing yet?" anyway. :p

ctenidae

I voted "Is it snowing" because I've never been to Sugarbush and I don't recognize any of the ski areas...

bvibert

Staff member
riverc0il said:
this thread proves people are mind numbing close to breaking out the ski gear and doning full attire. seriously man, a post about thread hits?

:lol:

I guess it no suprise that "Is it snowing yet?" is winning the poll... ;)

I gotta go home and get dressed in all my ski gear now... :lol:

JimG.

Staff member
riverc0il said:
this thread proves people are mind numbing close to breaking out the ski gear and doning full attire. seriously man, a post about thread hits?

Should probably put this in misc under the "what's in your CD player" thread. Listened to The Who "Live at Leeds" CD and cranked "Summertime Blues" up to almost full volume yesterday. Not surprisingly, I blew a speaker in my car. A sure sign I'm ready.

I'll be the guy wearing swim trunks and my ski equipment.

Greg

Staff member
riverc0il said:
seriously man, a post about thread hits?
I hope you picked up on the tongue-in-cheek nature of my post... :blink: :dunce: :beer:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Well, the SB thread has some 10,000 vuews to go...and remember that the Guess the Ski Area Thread was originated and hot in April, which isn't exactly summer (this year it was 'monsoon season' :roll:).

Lostone

Well... Is it snowing yet is now behind, as Guess... will be, shortly. :wink:

People are still finding their way here and... :oops: I really don't have a life. :oops: :lol:

Oh yeah... and it is still August! Wait until October, when everyone is Jonesing. :argue:

Now I have to go see if my ski boots still fit. :blink: :lol:

highpeaksdrifter

thetrailboss said:
Lostone said:
Don't make me invite Ghostie! :angry: :eek:

Yeah, we could start a thread just for him and his buddies...that would explode pretty quickly :roll:

LOL, True dat. To survive in the Whiteface (banned), then Lake Placid Skiing (banned), then ADK - RSN forum you had to have thick skin. In there you could give it out, but be ready to take yours. More like K-zone, but more nasty in a one upsmenship kinda way. I miss it :cry: but I've grown to like AZ very much. I wish I could do both, but I guess RSN never got their fourm act together.

Greg

Staff member
highpeaksdrifter said:
In there you could give it out, but be ready to take yours. More like K-zone, but more nasty in a one upsmenship kinda way. I miss it :cry: but I've grown to like AZ very much. I wish I could do both, but I guess RSN never got their fourm act together.
Ya know, I certainly can understand the appeal of more unmoderated/free-for-all type forum. I can see how all that banter can be fun - kind of like a guys night out. But I've always wanted AZ to be a place that anyone could feel comfortable posting and one that provides detailed on-topic information. I think we've acheived that. The chatty/cliquey feel of some other forums just doesn't make that somewhat shy newbie feel comfortable, IMO. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. No forum can be all things to everybody, but I like how this forum is evolving. Glad to hear you guys are feeling comfortable here.

noski

Greg said:
But I've always wanted AZ to be a place that anyone could feel comfortable posting and one that provides detailed on-topic information. I think we've acheived that. The chatty/cliquey feel of some other forums just doesn't make that somewhat shy newbie feel comfortable, IMO. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. No forum can be all things to everybody, but I like how this forum is evolving. Glad to hear you guys are feeling comfortable here.
I was a little nervous at first about whether or not I would be accepted in this forum as a noski, but I don't feel unwelcome at all. I can come in useful from time to time, even tho I am a noski!

highpeaksdrifter

noski said:
I was a little nervous at first about whether or not I would be accepted in this forum as a noski, but I don't feel unwelcome at all. I can come in useful from time to time, even tho I am a noski!

All kiding aside it must suck to live in the Mad River Valley and not be able to ride MRG. :angry: I know if I lived right next door to 2 majors, but could only use one it would piss me off.

noski

noski=board? or bored?

highpeaksdrifter said:
noski said:

All kiding aside it must suck to live in the Mad River Valley and not be able to ride MRG. :angry: I know if I lived right next door to 2 majors, but could only use one it would piss me off.

That's actually pretty funny. Some will catch my "drift".

highpeaksdrifter

Re: noski=board? or bored?

noski said:
highpeaksdrifter said:
noski said:

I don't catch it. Is it a big secret or can you explain?

noski

Re: noski=board? or bored?

highpeaksdrifter said:
noski said:
highpeaksdrifter said:
noski said:

I don't catch it. Is it a big secret or can you explain?

Ah, but will you still respect me in the morning? I don't do any winter recreation. None. I shovel, and sometimes ice skate. But I do know admitting you have a problem is the first step in conquering it.