• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

1/10 Storm Discussion Thread

I'm now hearing up to 14 inches expected for the Poconos..my fat skis should be in the shop more often..lol

tomorrow looks like a definite double dip session at Blue..morning fresh cord..go home take a nap..deep powder late afternoon/evening..or maybe I'll just hang out there all day..it's gonna be legit tomorrow and Sunday might be the day..woo hoo

yaraj

Website
www.winterhighland.info
Jesus!

I'm in Florida just now and all I can look at is storm speculation and snow forecasts!

I fly into Newark on Monday and go up to Stratton Wednesday.

Gonna be cooooooooooooooold but might be able to get the board out in the back yard in Joizey by the looks of it!

Woooooooooooooo

Greg

Staff member
snowing here...24 degrees calm winds..but they're now talking about a changover to -ZR tonight..

Wow. This thing really punched north overnight. Looks like northern Berks, Catskills and southern sections of NH and VT will be the winners now. NWS is hinting at some sleet for us now and maybe even a rain line extending as far north as Hartford to Boston. As long as the real ugliness stays south of Sundown, I couldn't care less. ;)

danny p

yup still looks like its gonna be good down here...5-10" predicted by tomorrow am....i'm ready.

Maybe an inch at the very very most....currently not snowing here...Winter Storm warning has been downgraded to a Winter Weather Advisory..it looks like freezing rain tonight..boo

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Wow. This thing really punched north overnight. Looks like northern Berks, Catskills and southern sections of NH and VT will be the winners now. NWS is hinting at some sleet for us now and maybe even a rain line extending as far north as Hartford to Boston. As long as the real ugliness stays south of Sundown, I couldn't care less. ;)
Looking like a Magic day tomorrow...

danny p

started lightly snowing about 20 minutes ago in Northern Dutchess Co., now its starting to pick up nicely!!

Greg

Staff member
Looking like a Magic day tomorrow...

Probably will be great there.

Staying local. Still calling for 8-12" in southern Taconics and southern Berkshires which is pretty much us. Sundown with a bunch of new bump runs should be good. Local woods might be in play too.

23 degrees with light, but accumulating now here now. It seemed to come in a few hours early.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Staying local.
Can't fault you for that. Wish I could stay local more often to get what is worth getting. I am actually still on the fence about a 3 hour drive to magic tomorrow. Something to be said for driving up to your local hill for a pow day... certainly felt nice on Thursday when I hit Cannon.

bvibert

Staff member
Can't fault you for that. Wish I could stay local more often to get what is worth getting. I am actually still on the fence about a 3 hour drive to magic tomorrow. Something to be said for driving up to your local hill for a pow day... certainly felt nice on Thursday when I hit Cannon.

Staying local for pow is certainly nice.

You haven't been to Magic in a while though, have you? This might be your best chance in a while to make the drive worth it.. I'll be looking forward to Magic reports tomorrow from those who venture there.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I haven't been to Magic since I moved up north. It is a 2.5 hour drive from here with dry roads. Normally it isn't worth it because I can get to any other ski area in NH or VT in that time and even some in ME. Not sure if it would be worth it or not for 3 hours in crappy roads each way. Looking for a confirmation on how the base is on the natural trails. NECN is calling for about 6" over there. Light and dry. With no base, it wouldn't really be worth it. If they have a base, then I might be game. Though it would be disappointing finally getting back there and not being able to explore the new terrain that was cut/thinned out. In either case, 6" is not "must go" snow for that long of a drive.

campgottagopee

Just started snowing here in CNY half hour ago---spodda get 5-10 by tomorrow a.m.---everything already open at Greek so it's gonna be great---hope to catch 1st chair w/ SP

danny p

still snowing up here, light and steady...about 1" so far....waiting for the heavy stuff!